Open questions thread from Ginger Lynn Allen

Discussion in 'General Wing Commander Chat' started by Ginger Lynn Allen, Aug 4, 2012.

1. JasonRocZ

JasonRocZ Rear Admiral

Truly amazing! Not only for the Wing Commander community but also fans of Ginger Lynn! I'm almost 30 now and I remember getting WC3 for Christmas back in 94' So I was 12 years old .

There was a seen towards the end of the game where you your love interest. In Wing Commander 3 for some reason I wanted to pick Flint (Robin Peters) because I was thinking "She's battle ready she'll blow stuff up, but what if she dies!" But then I thought "She's no fun! What if I survive the mission!" Then I thought "My mechanic has always been working on my ship and she knows what she's doing plus she's way more fun and there was tons of built up tension between my character and hers!" So I always ended up picking Rachel in the end.

With that being said, can you recall if you ever had any say in the choice process that the player had to take? And what I mean by that is that did you goof up in saying your lines and maybe the director said "Let's go with that!" I've always loved when actors during a scene totally screw the scene up and the director says "That works!" . Or can you remember if it was taking many takes of a scene to get the final product that the director wanted?

One thing I do wish there was more of in Wing Commander Prophecy was more of the background for the relationship that happened between Blair and Rachel and although I know the story wasn't totally centered around them I do wish there had been a few more scenes at least to reminisce on past events.

All in all an extremely amazing honor that you have graced us with your effervescent presence. Thank you!
  2. Dishwasher

Dishwasher Commodore

Here she is one Hellcat V, she is prepped, primed, loaded, locked and ready to kick some ass.

I can still dream that line even today 18 years later, I was in love. Let's just say I never picked Flint :).
    So you hinted about working with Mark Hamill being "interesting" can I tempt you to be more specific? :D
  3. FredDude32

FredDude32 Master Chief Petty Officer

Mark Hamill had been married since 1978 dude :p....
  4. Wulf

Wulf Vice Admiral

Just...wow. Now I know I've been away from these forums for too long.

I'm totally mindblown that you were here, Ginger! I have a lot of respect for celebrities that take time out of their day for the fans, and you really went above and beyond here. Many thanks, and hope to see you back!
  5. Tigerhawk

Tigerhawk Captain

This is an awesome series of visits...thanks for continually stopping in! :D

If any of the writing had been up to you where you'd have liked Rachel to do this or that differently in the course of the storyline, what (if anything) might you have changed?

Thanks in advance, and have a great one!
  6. NeoDevilbane

NeoDevilbane Rear Admiral

Nice to see you around here, Ginger!
  7. bulico

bulico Rear Admiral

Ginger, awesome that you are posting.

What are you up to these days? Lots of actors have problems acting against green screen, was that a problem for you?