Oh yeah

Renegade

Spaceman
The fan made game Wing Commander Unknown Enemy has been in production since I left here. WHAT IS GOING ON? Have they just stopped working on it or something. They never have any new stuff on there site. It looked like a cool game and I wish to know whats going on.

Not that I know anything, but I think they're starting over and Quarto, one of our moderators here, is developing a story. But I go a lot on hearsay, so take that as you will.
wink.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is indeed correct. Because they had problems creating the addon, they decided to reduce it to an 8-10 mission addon, with a different story. Which I indeed am writing.

Fleet Commander is still in the works as well. We just have programming problems. i.e. our programmers don't want to work.

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

[This message has been edited by Meson (edited June 04, 2000).]

Any adjustments?
smile.gif
It's an entirely different storyline.
smile.gif

Hey Quarto how long do you think it will take to get UE redone. I was on the original one that was being done. I was suppost to be the voice of Catscratch but I was to lazy to do it. hehe

I do hope so, another Wing Commander is always welcome (whoever makes it).

...Just don't go overboard with it though
smile.gif

Renegade: How long? Dunno. The storyline must be finished by mid-July if the project is to be completed by the end of the (Northern hemisphere) holidays. I intend to keep that deadline, unless something evil prevents me from doing so... like a major essay or something
smile.gif

Metras: I'm trying very hard to make it believable and... <gasp> make it fit in with the rest of the universe...

Don't forget to send me a draft sometime soon so I can give any intrested programmers some idea of what will be expected of them

Pedro! You're alive!
smile.gif

Hey, listen, I need a bit of info on what the SO game engine can actually handle, so I know what to put in the mission outlines. Do you have any idea who will be programming the missions?

Well the best person to ask for that info would probably be Thomas Bruckner, he helped us out a lot and apart from HCl, Locke and Thomas were the only ones who really fully understood its capabilities.
I don't know who will be helping although I hope many of the original guys will still be willing to help out (the mailing list is still running and last time I checked many of the oldies are still intrested) and one or two others with skill have expressed intrest since the project took its vacation.

Thomas Bruckner? Is he still around? Cause I don't see him posting all that frequently. But I'll see about contacting him.

What about that fiction viewer of yours? What exactly does that do?

It was just a VB program which displayed the text with a nice background and button system, similar to the online fiction for SO except you didn't have to be on the net and it ran as an executable.
I thought it was a good way for storing background information and episode fiction.

...This sounds interesting.

Meson: I've spoken with Trash Can about FC. He is having his hopes down about continueing with FC due to lack of programmers. I don't know about you, but I think you should re-ring those programmers back!

Back