Oh my God!! Blair!!

Well, I would've said look who did those particular characters' voices, but whatever...

Hamill's doing a voice in the new Disney movie Atlantis, too.

LOL!

But still, I don't think he's short of cash at all. Maybe he thinks he's had quite a good career in his opinion, and is doing essentially voice parts.

After all, he's around 50 years old! :)

Hey i was reading his biography and it says he was in a disfiguring car wreck can anyone give me the details on this. haha he did voices on johnny bravo that rocks

The crash was in time of The Empire Strikes Back... he crash his car in some road, watch in TESB his face.

Hamill was disfigured in a car crash immedeately after the reviews came in for Star Wars. He had signed on for a season of the yet-to-be-filmed pilot of "Eight is Enough" for TV, which would prevent him from making the sequel due to his NBC contract. He was driving his BMW on a bad highway at night in the rain when he came to a very bad turn and didn't swerve in time. He smashed through the shoulder and the rail and went about 30 feet into a ditch at 40 mph.

He had to get reconstructive surgery, and was in the hospital for, I believe, two months. He was also clinicly
depressed and had to be treated. Luckily, he didn't have to join the cast of "Eight is Enough" since his hospital stay overlapped principal shooting.

The opening of ESB was made to accomodate his facial change from the accident.

As for Hamill doing voice work, he's been doing that since before Star Wars, on a 70s eco-minded fantasy called Wizards (back in 1976, though he was labeled has "Mark Hamil" with one L)

He's done voice over work for years. It's easy, not as taxing as stage or screen and it makes decent money. I talked to Bob Bergen on occasion, who is not only in Atlantis along with Hamill, but also did the voice of Luke Skywalker in numerous Lucasarts games. Bob makes a nice amount of cash for his lowly job. Imagine how much Hamill makes!

Hamill is getting on in his years. He's not an exceptional actor, but he is very much underrated. His work in movies like "Slipstream" (1989) and The Flash TV show, where he was the Trickster. He's also penned a script in the past 3 years called "The Black Pearl" which he's having problems being made since he wants to direct it. He's also making a large appearance in "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back", of course appearing as himself.

This information was brought to you by a 3 year member of the International Mark Hamill Fan Club memeber. :D

Oh my god! They killed Hamill's career! You bastards! :D

Just kidding...Ive never even heard of that movie, much less seen it...although I do recall Hamill had a rool in the 1990 movie The Guyver, based on the manga Big Booster Armageddon, or something like that. :D

Slipstream was a late-80s UK film that was never released theatrically in the US. It had Bill Paxton (who's in everything nowadays, but is best remembered from Aliens and A Simple Plan), Bob Peck (Muldoon in Jurassic Park) and Kitty Aldriedge (Who's done nothing but is hot as hell in this movie)...then theres guest appearances by Robbie Coltrane, F Murray Abraham and...the guy who played Ghandi...can't seem to remember his name...

Anyway, it's a Blade Runner clone with Hamill chasing Bob Peck across this post-apocalyptic future, where Nature has taken everything over. The movie it's self is uneven, but Hamill (get ready for this) is an incredible villian actor. Bob Peck is always good (or was good, until cancer got him a few years back) and Elmer Bernstein's score is...well, brilliant.

Anyway, its worth a chuckle...and the plane that Hamill flies is freaking cool as hell! :)

Originally posted by LeHah
This information was brought to you by a 3 year member of the International Mark Hamill Fan Club. :D
Whoa! I didn't know we had an expert on the CIC. A "Mark Hamill" expert I mean! :)

I've learnt some very interesting things, thanks to you...
Too bad the great public only knows such actors for their hit roles, Star Wars in this case, namely...

Great thing the IMDB is around...

Mark Hamill has done loads of voice overs, especially for cartoons. Instead of viewing this as a desperate need for cash, look at it as him being very flexible and skilled at his job. I've noticed a few cartoons I've seen where I never recognised his voice. (And you can really notice the Skywalker-ness in some of his WC3 voice overs in the choices.)

Originally posted by Supdon3
You'd think it was a crime from the way you people act.
I never said anything of the sort. Doing voice-overs is cool! Hell, I think I like the French voice-over for Duncan McLeod better than Adrian Paul's voice! :)

But when I see Blair talking "as" Snakebite Scruggs or other Scoobydoo friends, I feel sorry for him. :rolleyes:

[Edited by mpanty on 06-08-2001 at 00:26]

How do you know he doesn't like it? Judging from his voice-over credits, he seems to like voicing bad guys.

Perhaps I shouldn't have posted the links till the files were done uploading? ;)

Back