Of Epees and Broadswords...

Not to mention using "dirty" nukes on a bunch of worlds, in their charge towards Earth during their Terra campaign, as covered in Fleet Action.

I remember a reference to a lucky hit with a nuclear mine taking out a Kilrathi 'Frigate' in one of the novels.

Yeah, there are a bunch of mines in the Wing Commander universe that fit Farbourne's description (literally nuke mines circa 2634 Action Stations) and are significantly more powerful than our standard Porcupines. The Coventry was nearly crippled in the WC3 novel when it hit a Kilrathi mine in Loki.

Hmmm you're right about that. Maybe nukes are just too expensive to spread all over the place in a static mine field, and are reserved for targeted attacks?

I think the nuke mine that was used in Action Station was an illegal one that they had on the privateer ship that Kruger served on before he was Captain of it. They used it in a last ditch effort to escape a Kilrathi corvette. I remember Kruger was shocked and pissed that the Privateer captain had it aboard because I think it might of been a capital offence for them to have one.

I think the nuke mine that was used in Action Station was an illegal one that they had on the privateer ship that Kruger served on before he was Captain of it. They used it in a last ditch effort to escape a Kilrathi corvette. I remember Kruger was shocked and pissed that the Privateer captain had it aboard because I think it might of been a capital offence for them to have one.

It was. IIRC Kruger later sees another one at Gar's Emporium and realizes that's where the original captain probably got his.

I think it was a frigate actually and not a corvette they are attempting to escape.

Originally Posted by Dundradal
It was. IIRC Kruger later sees another one at Gar's Emporium and realizes that's where the original captain probably got his.

I think it was a frigate actually and not a corvette they are attempting to escape.

That's right it was a frigate. Sorry. I knew it was a light cap ship but got them mixed up. Thanks for poining it out :)

Back