Nod to Wing Commander??

SpaceEagle

Spaceman
While Beta testing Tabula Rasa I have been wondering if there is a nod to Wing Commander in it. So far I have found Concordia Wilderness and a reference to Sivar. It will be interesting if there are more.
Has anyone else been playing & finding others?

RFNLT

While Beta testing Tabula Rasa I have been wondering if there is a nod to Wing Commander in it. So far I have found Concordia Wilderness and a reference to Sivar. It will be interesting if there are more.

RFNLT

Have you noticed any refrences to Ultima as well?

This probably depends. Sivar may well be a Wing Commander reference... Concordia probably is not and instead would share the same initial origin as Wing Commander's ship name (Concordia University in Austin, TX, where both Wing Commander and Tabula Rasa were developed). If you have some screenshots we'd love to see them!

Don't you have to enter an NDA to beta test an MMO? Or has that been lifted for Tabula Rasa.

Marketing ate the term "beta test" as it pertains to MMP games in 1996 after Ultima Online created a genre with its amazing subscriber numbers for the first stress tests. At this point in the game I'm sure they're just stress-testing Rasa to see how the game behaves with real people connecting from around the world...

I would also be curious to know how the game itself finally turned out, though!

Back