Nigerian Scammer

Surprisingly, air mail was the only available option for a small envelope, surface shipping is only used for larger packages.

Then it should not take too long to arrive there. I just checked, if I wanted to send a letter to Nigeria with "Deutsche Post" it would cost 1.70 €...

(...)
Sounds good to me :). Not to mention that it's going to a career criminal who probably doesn't want to attract undue attention to himself by making a stink. I will be waiting for his next response with "ANTICIPATION".

While I still think that it is unlikely you'll have any trouble with that, it certainly does not have to be the scammer who talks about it. I don't know maybe letters are opened / looked through before shipping or being delivered.

Looks like the greedy Mr. Nelson is trying to work another $724 out of me.

...........................................................................................

Mr. Cory i want you to know that i am trying my best to make this transaction to make it successful...Although i haven't inform anyone yet but thats my main plan for now only if you can make up to the fee latest on Monday and i want you to know that anything apart from that on Monday then i will have to look for someone who will be capable of doing it.

As you know this deal is a very risky one that might lead me to jail which i wouldn't want to happen and that means i will not want this transaction to take too long than Tuesday before it is been transfer so by Monday if i don't get the payment either by western union or get the check cash then i will have to look for someone else and thats all i will have to let you know for now.

Thanks.
Mr. Nelson.

..........................................................................................

Thought I'd go with a different angle for a change :).

..........................................................................................

(From a different email address)

WTF is going on here! And how long have you two been plotting some silly little scheme without him bothering to discuss it with me? I demand to know what the hell this "check" business is all about and what he's paying you for before I go straight to the bank and cut off that lying bastard from my finances completely. Until he starts pulling his own weight around here he knows damn well that he can't be writing any fucking checks without my say-so. So something "risky" is going on huh buddy? I'll tell you what's risky, it's risky to be going behind my back, Jack. Whatever it is he's supposed to be doing for you, rest assured that he will screw it up just like he screws up everything and everyone around him. I'm just glad the scrawny retard didn't have the sense to close his email after writing to you. So at least I know where he's been every night when he claims to have been powerwalking at the mall, well, I'm sure he'll be showing up on your doorstep shortly because when he gets home tonight, all his shit is going to be in the middle of the street. And if I find out that he's given you one cent of my money, there's going to be hell to pay for both of you assholes. You can both have a nice life as far as I'm concerned.

Sincerely,
Hans

I wonder how much longer it will be before Mr. Nelson realizes he’s not going to get any money out of you and gives up.

And a little while later............

........................................................................................................

oh myGoodness i just got backafter the weekend and all hells broken loose I only have a minute hans is found out somehow and is destroying the place! My Bette midler collectors plates are in pieces!!!!!! I dont know what to do please helpme I have to go now can't write will contact you later about the arrangement please don't stop the transaction!!!!

This whole thing has been cute (including being employed by Cogswell Cogs), but the check had me rolling. Next thing we know, someone'll try to make a $500 bill in that fashion...

Still nothing back at either email address. I've been itching to share this thread with the WW2 group where Mr. Nelson made his first appearance, but I need to give it another week or two to make sure the check has had time to arrive.

Seriously, it just sounds like you've beaten on him as much as he's gonna take. If he has ANY centilla of intellegence, he's given up.

One would certainly think, right? Wrong. Evidently centillas are scarce over his way. The problem is that part of me wishes he would just go away, and the other part wants to continue wasting his valuable time that would otherwise be spent trying to steal from the naive. Besides, it's worth continuing as long as it's providing quality entertainment for the CIC.

So here's the thing. My buddy who was supposed to play the part of Hans is suddenly too busy for the task, so if anyone here would like to volunteer for the job, I'll PM you with Mr. Nelson's email address as well as Hans' address and password. Take it any direction you want and we'll work as a team updating the thread. The best thing for anyone interested is that unlike me, your actual information will be totally unknown to our friend.

..............................................................................................

Hello Mr. Cary;

You will have to look for a way to get the payment to me through western union and not to let Hans know about it until the deal is over and all i will advice you to do now is to go to him and calm him down. then you can tell him that you are planning on making him a surprised package and that's why you couldn't inform him about it and as for the check you plan to send to me that its not from his money and that you haven't even send the money and also that the money is meant to clear some items you will claim to have ordered for right here and that's why you didn't want to tell him until the arrival of the consignment.

I want you to know that he found out through your email cause you didn't log out the email when you finished using it and that's how he found out.

Also i want you to know that i haven't receive the check and will not be looking forward to that because i only instructed you to send it through western union and that's all you have to do and i want you to know that as long as you make the payment then you wouldn't be worried about all this that Hans is been doing to you .

Waiting for your quick response in "ANTICIPATION".

Best Regards
Mr. Nelson.

......................................................................................................

I'm so relieved to here back from you, I was so terrified at the thought that after that disaster, you would have tried to find another way to get the money out of the account. Please be assured that you can trust me to follow through with giving you your share when I finally get the package. I'm also a little concerned that you have not yet received my payment because I sent it airmail. Nonetheless, I imagine it will still take some time to travel that far, as well as clearing customs or whatever your mail service has to do with it.

I'm still slapping myself silly over not using Western Union in the first place, but I already put all that money into the cashier's check. That much money doesn't come easily to me, and it's difficult getting by without it until I am paid again on the 15th.

I'm shaking at the prospect of trying to reason with Hans, he doesn't seem to have cooled off a bit. If anything he's worked himself up into even more of a Custer's carnival. I hope that in his tizzy, he has not said anything mean to you which might cause you to think twice about continuing to work with me toward our goal. He won't even let me use his computer at all anymore, and I had to go to the internet cafe just to write to you. I'll try to get back here as soon as I can.

Thank you,

Mr. Feldman

...........................................................................................

Hello Hans;

Well i am very happy to hear from you but i want you to know that the secret between i and Cary is all about a surprise to you cause he wanted to make a surprise package for you as a good and nice friends. I mean to what he have told me about you i knew you are someone who is caring a lot and straight minded person and that's why he wanted to make a surprise package for you and i want you to know that i am not a bad person neither is yours friend but he just wanted to make your friendship a better and fortified.

Although i am the one who ask him not to inform you about what he is planing to do for you that brings about the check and i will not tell you cause i am not in the better position to tell you about it.

I will like you to talk to him when he gets back and then maybe he will tell you all that is going on cause he is the one who wanted to do it and believe he is a well grown up person.

Hans i will not want you to be mad at Cary at all cause he never dreamed of breaking up your relationship in any way but to make it lovely and fortified one.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best Regards
Mr. Nelson.

.............................................................................................

DO YOU THINK THAT I WAS BORN YESTERDAY ?????!!!!!!!!!!!

I know who you are and I know what you're up to! Don't you 'Mr. Nelson' me! I know damn well you are that Peter what's his name over at the Abercrombie and Fitch. And don't you worry, first thing tomorrow, I'm going to march right over and show you just what I'm capable of face to face if you don't hide like the stupid little Mopok that you are, punk.

I can't believe that Mr. Nelson actually drafted an email to Hans...this is too amazing now not to post about.

You couldn't write this kind of thing in a book...:D

Just checked my email(s) before heading to work. To Mr. Feldman he simply copied and pasted the exact same message as last time. Lazy I guess.

And to Hans..............

"I want you to know that i am not who you are and i want you to also know that their is nothing you can do to me cause i am not a bad guy and that means i am ready for whatever you are planning to do."

...............................................................................................

We'll just be seeing about that, won't we you little strumpet. Just because you didn't show up at the mall yesterday doesn't mean you can hide forever. Regarding the "surprise" you two say you have for me, well it's nothing compared to the one I'm going to give you when I catch you in person. Believe me, I can tell when that little shit is lying to me just by the way his eyebrow twitches like a Firekkan on brilliance, and the only surprise he ever gave to me put me in the goddamn clinic. I'll be seeing you soon.

Mr. Nelson just can't let go and give up on this can he? The temptation of still getting money from Mr. Feldman must be too much. I wonder if he'll go and try to cash the check you sent him, and if he does whether he will contact you afterward when it doesn't work. That would be too funny if he e-mails you about the check not working and trys to get you to send money via Western Union again.

Mr. Nelson just can't let go and give up on this can he? The temptation of still getting money from Mr. Feldman must be too much.

See it the other way around. He probably has a near infinite ammount of time so as long as there is even an small chance he will gain something he will try. Also note that many of the letters sent are probably standard replies - needing only minimal time investment.

Back