Next Episode

I guess since we don't get Wing Commander Standoff Ep. 5 as a Christmas gift, I'll just have to fly missions in my imagination. Hopefully you guys can get inspired, imagine some, and make them! Hopefully Christmas 2009 I'll be saving Earth.
Good grief, I sure hope not - not unless you mean saving Earth again. The very thought of Standoff lasting long enough for a Christmas 2009 release is enough to make me shiver.

I have to say that I played through Standoff (up through ep 4) about seven or eight months ago, and I loved it. It works brilliantly on my operating system of choice (Linux) and inspired me to find a hack to get your Unknown Enemy to work as well. Very well put together, and very high quality. I'm waiting (im)patiently for episode 5, and I look forward to the completion of your story.

I'll likely play through again when I get to the point of the end of Special Operations 2 in my own personal replay of the series (Which I restarted yesterday.) Though I might make an exception and play through Standoff in its entirety if episode 5 comes out before then.

Hoping for the best, and hoping that you guys can complete it soon, so you can stop being sick of it, and get back to truly enjoying Wing Commander again for a while, until some new inspiration hits you, and you all feel the need and or want to go back to the modding grind. :)

Hehe, yeah, we'll definitely be done long before Christmas 2009. :p We were aiming for Christmas and have now acknowledged that we won't make it, but that still means most of the work should be done soon.

It will not be as much of a close call as our January 8th release for Ep 3 (for which Christmas was our internal goal until a month before, as well) but it's safe to say Ep 5 won't arrive any later than February or March.

I just saw the news update on the front page: that would be quite a surprise if a completed Wing Commander Saga was released before a completed Wing Commander Standoff! I just mention that to spur you on to completion. At the same time, quality and quantity would be more important than you guys rushing something out just to be first.

Back