New Wing Commandre Game In Develpoment! [SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!]

New Wing Commandre Game In Develpoment!

blair.gif

NEW WING COMMANDRE GAME IN DEVELPOMENT!

AFTER MANY YEARS IT IS NOW TIME TO REJOYCE! ONCE MORE WE WILL BE HONORED WITH THE PLEASURE OF PLAYING WING COMMANDRE!

I AM VERY CLOSE FRIENDS WITH MR. CHRIS ROBERTS AND LAST WEEK I WAS INVITED DOWN TO ORIGIN TO SEE THERE PRODUCTS THAT THEY WERE WORKING ON. I WAS AMAZED TO SEE THAT AMUNG THEM WAS WING COMMANDER VII, SUBTITLED BLAIR'S REUTRN!

IN THE GAME YOU PLAY THE PART OF SPACE MARSHAL GEOFFRY TOLWYN, BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE BY THE KILRATHI TO PROTECT THEM FROM THE NEPHILUM. IN YOUR SPACE FIGHTER YOU INFILTRAET ENEMY SPACE AND FIND A PRISON PLANET. ON IT ARE MANY HUMANS, ONE IS COMMODOER CHRISTOPHER BLAIR. TOGETHER YOU FLY AWAY BACK TO THE AXIUS STATION WHERE YOUR BASE IS. WHEN YOU ARRIVED THERE, CHRISTOPHER BLAIR GOES CRAZY. *HE IS CONTROLLED BY THE NEPHILIM!!!!!!!*

HOWEVER, BEING A KIND LOVING MAN, YOU DECIDE THAT ONE CANNOT FIGHT WITH CHRISTOPHER BLAIR TO THE DEATH, AS HE IS A HERO. YOU TALK TO HIM IN A STERN VOICE AND EXPLAIN THAT HE IS, IN FACT, NOT EVIL AND THAT HE SHULD NOT WANT TO KILL PEOPLE. LUKILY, HE IS STRONG AND HIS BRAIN FIGHTS THE NEPHELUMSES INFLUENCE. HE FREES HIMSELF, AND TOGETHER YOU USE THE BEHEMOTH TEMBLOR FLASHPACK TO EXPLODE THE NEPHILIM HOMEWOLRD.

THE END!

Re: New Wing Commandre Game In Develpoment!

Shame on you Blair4523634222 - it is not nice to spoil the story for everyone.

Darned good point, cff... What we need is a good old fashioned spoiler warning!

And due to the reverse thread order, someone will read the spoiler warning before the actual post :D

Hmmm, I have some ideas for a new Wing Commander, if you'd like to hear them. How about having pilots issues orders to you, instead of the other was around?

No, no NO! This story is all wrong.

My sources indicates this is the correct story.

SPOILER WARNING

The neo-black lance allied itself with the Etruria Guards, the Landreich dissidents and the reformed Kilrathi Empire, in order to create a Tolwyn/Thrakkath clone so both races can perfect their way into the superiority of combat. The result is Thrakkolwyn, a guy who understands that fighting is what will make he endure millions of years. Now, Blair was not captured by the bugs – As the gate collapsed, he was sent into yet another unknown area of the galaxy, where he was rescued and studied by the Steltek, like Ed Harris on “The Abyss”. The Prince/Admiral Thrakkolwyn’s armada will use the behemoth temblor flashpak sivar dreadnought of doom to destroy the bug-gate on Proxima, then move towards Earth in force. Meanwhile, 10 new gates open around Jupter and, at the same time, the Border’s World militia arrive with the Firekaa to assist the terran navy. A great battle happens, and Thrakkolwyn uses his tactic from the Enyo engagement to use his Hakaga supercarrier to run suicide runs on the bug cruisers. Things are going badly, but the Mantu arrive to help and even the combat with the help of the Double Helix. At the height of the combat, a giant gate opens up and the Steltek Armada jumps in and order everyone to stop fighting. Then they make a revelation: they were with confed all the time, observing them… as the Mopoks! Yes, the Mopoks are the Steltek in disguise. Actually, the Mopoks are big android robots and the Steltk are bug-sized aliens inside them. Blair has a pilgrim-laser-blade duel with Thrakkolwyn, when he reveals: “Blair. I am your fater” and Blair goes “Nooooooooooooooooo! Paladin, why didn’t you tell me” and paladin “because the pilgrims told me not to, use your laser-pilgrim blade win! It’s genetics! The pilgrim gene is the gift from the Steltek! You are the prophecy, blair” And then Steltek fleet comes and wins the war the it’s the end.

Originally posted by Blair4523634222
blair.gif

LOL! That´s cool! :) This fantastic 2D-graphic will run on my old system, too. And the big missile...woah. Is it a small Temblor-Bomb?

^^

How's this for the new Wing Commander? Subtitled Brotherhood, it focuses on the Kilrathi saga from a group of brothers enlisted in the Confederation. The story would start on the Tiger's Claw, where having been put off side, you have to earn the respect of the other pilots. Meanwhile, your brother serving on another ship is trying to rally the troops for action. After the Firekkan Crusade the game changes and you play from his perspective, as you perform on behalf of the Navy SEALS in Rogue Spear style missions. Eventually you are called to the Concordia to instruct on levels of force\deadly force due to the Mandarins and their sabotage. You were also called because of your brother, who is a violent and out of control character itching for a fight. Eventually Angel puts him in Covert Ops with the mission to hunt down and eliminate the Mandarins. This mission sucessful, Angel has you taken out of Covert Ops so you are not put at risk on the T-Bomb project, and serve as a pilot in Proxima. With various problems, your life slowly starts to come apart until, having been called upon to defend the Behemoth, you snap, and like the heroes of old you ride off into the sunset, turning your back on Confed. What I would hope to achieve with such a game is for you to not just interact with other characters, you actually are a part of the storyline as well and you watch events unfold. There will be many instances where decisions you make will have an impact on the game. For example, do you push for one of your fellow pilots to become the executive officer? Do you try and help Angel cope with Bossman's death, or suggestshe seek counselling? If the oppotunity presents itself, do you fight Thrakhath and put the mission at risk? Also, new storylines and missions will open up by making the right choices, or simply being in the right place at the right time. From the gameplay side of things, I would want it to be very realistic. Have the option to have sound in space on or off. A blast from your afterburners will have you going at full speed unless you engage the brakes. That sort of thing. The same would apply to the ground missions as well. It would be very much along the lines of Rogue Spear.

A question for the CIC guys:
The picture looks like you have taken a screenshot yourself - do you actually have a running version of that thing?

Hehe, you have a good eye. It is indeed a real screenshot from a game TC made last year by plugging some art into an open source shooter. After looking at the shot, I actually want to play it myself now too. :)

Originally posted by Blair4523634222
blair.gif

NEW WING COMMANDRE GAME IN DEVELPOMENT!

AFTER MANY YEARS IT IS NOW TIME TO REJOYCE! ONCE MORE WE WILL BE HONORED WITH THE PLEASURE OF PLAYING WING COMMANDRE!...(yadda, yadda, yadda)
Nice graphix, dude. Something that would do well playing on an S3 Virge, the world's first graphics decelerator... (that would that be something like when Steven Wright put instant coffee in the microwave - and nearly went back in time; only in reverse...) :D

One more observation: The clone's name should be "Thrakkwyn". It's easier to say/spell...

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
...How about having pilots issue orders to you, instead of the other way around?
That'd never work; too many people would spend their hours shouting "Bite Me!" into their comm links, instead of playing the bloody game... ;)

Originally posted by ChrisReid
Hehe, you have a good eye. It is indeed a real screenshot from a game TC made last year by plugging some art into an open source shooter. After looking at the shot, I actually want to play it myself now too. :)

If I ever get around to putting the rest of the graphics in, I'll throw it up somewhere. It's actually kind of fun.

Re: Re: New Wing Commandre Game In Develpoment!

Originally posted by Preacher
That'd never work; too many people would spend their hours shouting "Bite Me!" into their comm links, instead of playing the bloody game... ;)

... that and giveing the comm camera the finger :D

Back