New WC Album's Digital Tracks Behind Schedule, But About Half Done (July 7, 2015)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
For those who may not have seen the update at Kickstarter a little while back, George Oldziey has provided another report on status of his orchestral Wing Commander album. We've heard from some fans who were under the impression that the project was finished when Mr. Oldziey released his collection of tracks at the end of last year, but work still continues. He's about half way through the supplemental digital reorchestrations that will be combined with the live performance on the physical album. We'll let everyone know when it gets closer to release!

Greetings all! First of all, I'm WAY behind schedule on getting you all the physical CD rewards. Besides my full time teaching gig I've been flooded with studio projects in recent months. BUT, that's no excuse to be so late. Good news is I'm about half way through the digital re-orchestrations of the addition 15 minutes of music on top of the 30 plus minutes of orchestra music you already have. Once those are done, mastering and making the physical product should go quickly. I'm guessing (early?) summer delivery.

Again, so sorry to be delivering the CD late. You are all so wonderful, and I really appreciate your patience and dedication!

Musically yours,

George

--
Original update published on July 7, 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed out on the Kickstarter, but I backed on FundRazr at $20 for the download (plus another $40 for the non-autographed CD when it was announced).

I've been following the progress here so I saw when the MP3s got released but the last email update I got was for the original WAV files back in December. Didn't bother me too much since I'd already converted and backed up the WAVs but now I'm worried in case I miss something important about the CD. Doesn't look like the FundRazr page is getting the Kickstarter updates and I can't access the backer-only ones since I didn't pledge through there...

Anyone else in the same boat?

I've also had issues having emails get through my spamfilter, but I don't think you've missed anything yet. There hasn't been anything definitive about the CD that backers have had to answer, and there have just been a couple progress updates this year.

Back