New take on Hellcat V

Here is the last version of my 3D-Model before I gave it to a Freelancer with more Blender-Knowledge ...
I like it pretty much - And I've been told it's not as bad as I thought it would be.
@L.I.F. + @DefianceIndustries: Thank you for your tipps - I forwarded them to the freelancer.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-07 um 17.42.17.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-07 um 17.42.17.png
    3 MB · Views: 31
  • Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-07 um 17.42.35.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-07 um 17.42.35.png
    2 MB · Views: 32
  • Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-07 um 17.43.38.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-07 um 17.43.38.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 30
  • Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-31 um 14.41.03.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-31 um 14.41.03.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 29
Here is the last version of my 3D-Model before I gave it to a Freelancer with more Blender-Knowledge ...
I like it pretty much - And I've been told it's not as bad as I thought it would be.
@L.I.F. + @DefianceIndustries: Thank you for your tipps - I forwarded them to the freelancer.
Nice-looking ship! I can try eventually to port it on HWRM and Freelancer, especially if it has textures.

Ladies and gentlemen - May I present you:
The F-86E/F "Hellcat V refit" - internally known as "Hellcat VI testbed”.
With the help of a very talented freelance 3D-artist, I was able to realize this vision. :)
It was a blast to work with him - especially because I was able to present and discuss my ideas (such as the experimental "all-in-one" Engine), which he then knew how to make real. :)

Attachments

• Hellcat_VI_by_NightBall06_overview.png
    Hellcat_VI_by_NightBall06_overview.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
IT IS DONE!!! 😁
Ladies and gentlemen - May I present you:
The F-86E "Hellcat V refit" - internally known as "Hellcat VI".
With the help of a very talented 3D-artist from Israel called "lexa6ix" I was able to finalize my vision. :)
It was a blast to work with him - especially because I was able to present and discuss my ideas, which he then knew how to make real.
And because of that - I was even able to realize my idea of a new "all-in-one" engine.
It looks great - and I hope you like it as well :)
Heh, that made me go back to the FL modding folders to fit some of the end-game content I wanted to apply for a long time. If possible, for the Freelancer import, I'd appreciate having a loadout detail and positions (I'll probably remove manually the guns since guns are their own meshes in FL).

Heh, that made me go back to the FL modding folders to fit some of the end-game content I wanted to apply for a long time. If possible, for the Freelancer import, I'd appreciate having a loadout detail and positions (I'll probably remove manually the guns since guns are their own meshes in FL).
Could you please be a little more specific? What kind of file do you need right now? - And about the weapons load out detail - do you have a sample file to show what you mean exactly? I haven't given it much thought until now. But there are 2 Tachyon Guns for certain (the once in center) plus ... ??? Weapons load out - no rockets visible/no external load! All rockets are stored within a extra secured compartment within the wings and are fired through one of those threesome hole at the front of the wings...

Could you please be a little more specific? What kind of file do you need right now? - And about the weapons load out detail - do you have a sample file to show what you mean exactly? I haven't given it much thought until now. But there are 2 Tachyon Guns for certain (the once in center) plus ... ??? Weapons load out - no rockets visible/no external load! All rockets are stored within a extra secured compartment within the wings and are fired through one of those threesome hole at the front of the wings...
An indication of where the armament should be for me to define the hardpoints' position in the game. Here's for example what I have with the Hellcat in Freelancer:

Hellcat.png

I can make them up, but if there are specific positions, better highlight them on screenshots.

An indication of where the armament should be for me to define the hardpoints' position in the game. Here's for example what I have with the Hellcat in Freelancer:

View attachment 12837

I can make them up, but if there are specific positions, better highlight them on screenshots.
So... @L.I.F. If there have to be hard points, then here are the images for it (Hellcat_Weapons_Hardpoints_1+2)
<Hellcat_Weapons_Hardpoints_3.png> shows you, how it's actually meant to be - with an internal storage Cache...

Attachments

• Hellcat_Weapons_Hardpoints_1.png
    Hellcat_Weapons_Hardpoints_1.png
    515.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Hellcat_Weapons_Hardpoints_2.png
    Hellcat_Weapons_Hardpoints_2.png
    539.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Hellcat_Weapons_Hardpoints_3.png
    Hellcat_Weapons_Hardpoints_3.png
    539.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
So... @L.I.F. If there have to be hard points, then here are the images for it (Hellcat_Weapons_Hardpoints_1+2)
<Hellcat_Weapons_Hardpoints_3.png> shows you, how it's actually meant to be - with an internal storage Cache...
Huh, interesting for the tubes, it's a pretty good nod to Prophecy-era fighters, actually. That might be doable for Freelancer, though I'll most likely stick with the external ones.

My "Deluxe" and "game ready" version is finished 🤗
Just as before, I hired a professional 3D artist, who then started off with my 3D-model and then inserted the details I wanted to have while closely coordinating with me.
I have to admit, I like this version, because The Detail grade is insanely good, and also the textures are looking good..
... for comparison there is my last drawn version...
@DefianceIndustries @L.I.F.: If you want that model for your games like the WC IV Remake or Homeworld Mod, just let me know 😊

Attachments

• 0E3F2EE7-3CC9-4079-BC25-A3FF77E3A98E.png
    0E3F2EE7-3CC9-4079-BC25-A3FF77E3A98E.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • FB4D2185-14D3-4816-9765-EBD3AB62AF6B.png
    FB4D2185-14D3-4816-9765-EBD3AB62AF6B.png
    907.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Thanks to the help from @Maccrage, who gave me a Step-by-Step instruction, I was finally able to render my "legacy"-images :)
Looks pretty nice I think...
So thanks again to all who helped me :) ... Next stop: Animation :)

Attachments

• Wildcat_Hellcat_Render_01.png
    Wildcat_Hellcat_Render_01.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 64
  • Wildcat_Hellcat_Render_02.png
    Wildcat_Hellcat_Render_02.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 70
  • Wildcat_Hellcat_Render_03.png
    Wildcat_Hellcat_Render_03.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 61
  • Wildcat_Hellcat_Render_04.png
    Wildcat_Hellcat_Render_04.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Just some final updates… took the comment on the experimental engine pretty serious. So here the latest images… haven’t gone far on the animation part yet & I am Still looking for someone who could turn the Blender-File into a 3D-printable file ….

Attachments

• B74DC35C-DF2A-4D0D-B869-A5491C16F0E6.png
    B74DC35C-DF2A-4D0D-B869-A5491C16F0E6.png
    2 MB · Views: 39
  • 709ED116-38DB-4DF1-A4C0-BD6411BA57F4.png
    709ED116-38DB-4DF1-A4C0-BD6411BA57F4.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Very nice-looking! If you want, I can give you tips via DMs to import the ship to Homeworld and Freelancer if you want to fly it around (actually not too long once you have the files, so you could probably do it in less than a WE even without experience). I quite like the various choices you made and it really feels like the in-universe designers took cues from work on the Excalibur and implemented what they could in it to make a new workhorse fighter.

Back