New take on Hellcat V

NightBall06

2nd Lieutenant
Hey Guys,
lately I have been doing an evolution study on Klavs his incredible „Wildcat“.
When I first saw his Modell, I did like it a lot, but i felt it to big, or to „fat“ as a Hellcat. So i wanted to do it myself - But since I am no 3D-artist, I had to Photoshop my way through it...
I hope you like it nonetheless.

My thoughts were: How to „Upgrade“ an outdated, yet well known design (in this case Klavs’ incredible Wildcat) into a newer „Update-to-Date-Version“ while keeping the design-lineage visable but also show the kinship to the games-Version?
Here’s what I came up with... I’d be glad for some feedback and -
430CCCF4-0281-47F7-BD5B-FB28AAEE9CD3.jpeg
Maybe out there is a 3D artist who could help me for more views - otherwise it’ll take quite a lot more Photoshop hours ;)

Last edited:
I like it! NIce work!
Thank you very much :) Means a lot hearing this from you.
I do have a question/request though:
Could you give me a few more „views“/angles from your Wildcat?
Like plain top-view, front-view, and rear-View?

I would like to „transform“ them as well via Photoshop (it‘s quite relaxing) - but I do need a Basis to start from 🤷🏼‍♂️
Thanks a lot in advance

I definitely like this Hellcat too! Any idea whether it would be possible for someone to make it into an actual model following this design route? After all, it could make for a pretty interesting take on a hypothetical Nephilim War refit of the old workhorse, à la Arrow.

I definitely like this Hellcat too! Any idea whether it would be possible for someone to make it into an actual model following this design route? After all, it could make for a pretty interesting take on a hypothetical Nephilim War refit of the old workhorse, à la Arrow.
Thank you :)
Funny thing is, that what you‘re saying is what I was secretly hoping for 😁

Thank you :)
Funny thing is, that what you‘re saying is what I was secretly hoping for 😁
🤔 I had to Google what you meant, but now i know at least. Guess I will watch a few tutorials and then give it a try.
If you manage to get a textured version out, it's definitely going into the Homeworld Remastered mod, probably in the DLC that'll cover the Nephilim War ships (if you'll be OK with it, of course). :)

If you manage to get a textured version out, it's definitely going into the Homeworld Remastered mod, probably in the DLC that'll cover the Nephilim War ships (if you'll be OK with it, of course). :)
I‘d be honored 😊
... but that means, I have to get it in 3D first and then the textures. It‘ll take some time...
also I need to find a Solution for myself to My „engine-problem“: I like the the original Version with the engines inside the Wings, while the bottom side of the wings go a Little up...
On the other side Klavs‘ take with its bigger engines is quite interesting as well...
Don‘t know which way I‘ll be turning yet 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
... I need to find a Solution for my „engine-problem“: I like the the original Version with the engines inside the Wings, while the wing bottom goes up a Little...
On the other side Klavs‘ take with its bigger engines is quite interesting as well...
Don‘t know which way I‘ll be turning yet 🤷🏼‍♂️
Hi,
guess I found an answer to my problem: In a way I combined both versions.
And while I had some time of during the holidays, I sat down to draw the rest of the fighter from all angles in the way I‘ve imagined it from the start. It has been quite challenging but I wanted it done.

Last edited:
Hi there,

so here is my Version of the Hellcat.
I have been reworking the side view and the perspective View (compared to last posting) - but that is as far as I will go.
I really do like this version - hope you too.

P.S.: I wouldn't mind to get some feedback :)
EE300254-A7EC-465C-8A7B-103D9136052F.png

Last edited:
Wow. Is this drawn by free hand or with tools?
Hi there. Well it's not really "free hand" drawn since I'm old school - meaning a Computer, a keyboard and a Mouse (=no drawing pad). But otherwise the only tools I used were my imagination, a lot of research and the "Wildcat"-Renderings from Klavs81 to start with... The Rest is all Adobe Photoshop.

P.S.: The lower Engine form was inspired by Porsche's Tri-Wing

I think this one belongs here too... A sideview/topview comparison that helped me to remain on course... It contains some minor updates (I also updated the image from before) especially at the rear engine part and the „little nose scanner“.
Again - I really would love to see it in 3D ... So if anyone feels up to it - you‘ll have my gratitude
8AAFC488-C8B9-4DD5-91F3-7251E15969D6.png

Last edited:
I don‘t know if I already did this - but here are my thoughts behind the project:
1) Battle of Earth (Fleet Action) - very high losses in material and man-power but the war went on... so there was little to no time to invent & build another highly sophisticated Fighter like the Rapier II
2) Consequence - use everything that you might get your hands on: even older ships like the Thunderbolt or update whatever might be possible - like the Wildcat. An older design that was in service throughout Confed space.
3) So what could/would be used to makeshift an old ship very quick into a new one? - Stay close to the original design means less new form inventions for ironworks, use carry-over parts for decreased cost and time, use known technology- so every fighter pilot needs less time to get used to and finally use new technology to decrease and improve parts.

So … When I saw Klavs’ raw renderings of his Wildcat - I immediately had the image in my mind.
Then there was L.I.F. with his offer to use the Hellcat in his Mod as an update version for the Nephilim Wars. That again made me think: If this is an update, then it should have some resemblance with some „later“ models, but not so much since the Tigershark is considered to be the end of the „Hellcat-Line“ ... This is why I made the lower Intake-Form roughly resemble the „Dragon“-Intakes and the whole rear engine form that of a far outstretched version of an Excalibur engine, even from the side. The weapons (form) are those of the „piranha„ and meant as a bridge over, while I willingly chose to align the rest of the design closer to the in-Game-Version...

Last edited:
I think it works as a prototype for the Hellcat in it's current form, if it were a "new" iteration for the Nephilim war, I would make it less of a literal interpretation and round some corners and make the intakes more conformal to the fuselage. WCP sort of trended back to the anime-inspired style of 1&2, especially the concept art. Just my two cents. Good work!

Back