new here--question re: contacting ea

WebJedi

Spaceman
Hello all:

I've been a lurker for a while now, been keeping an eye on the ongoing WC projects and such.

I have a question for those who know more about this than myself:

Is there a contact we can write to at Electronics Arts (either by email or snail mail) to express an interest in another wing commander game? I'm not talking about a multi-name petition, just writing in as someone who bought & played most of the wing commander games when they were out. (And wishing there was still something like that now.)

Personally, I think space sims will come back once people get tired of the glut of FPS games that are out there.

Thanks.

WebJedi said:
I'm not talking about a multi-name petition, just writing in as someone who bought & played most of the wing commander games when they were out. (And wishing there was still something like that now.)

That's a decent rationale.

Electronic Arts Inc
209 Redwood Shores Pkwy
Redwood City, CA 94065 - 1175

or since you're in Canada:

Electronic Arts (Canada) Inc
4330 Sanderson Way,
Burnaby, BC V5G 4X1

WebJedi said:
Personally, I think space sims will come back once people get tired of the glut of FPS games that are out there.

The actual reasons behind the rise and fall of genres are much more complex than that. The Wing Commander series happily coexisted with FPS games for many years, and FPS games falling out of favor wouldn't magically bring back space combat sims. People tend to automatically blame the most popular thing for the absence of something they like, regardless of actual issues that caused everything to be.

ChrisReid said:
The actual reasons behind the rise and fall of genres are much more complex than that. The Wing Commander series happily coexisted with FPS games for many years, and FPS games falling out of favor wouldn't magically bring back space combat sims. People tend to automatically blame the most popular thing for the absence of something they like, regardless of actual issues that caused everything to be.

You have a point. I remember a time (mid nineties) when there were a lot of space sim games that I liked, only to see games I liked being replaced by sports games or more FPS.

Still I am very encouraged by what the WC community has been producing for mods. It just blows me away that people can produce that kind of quality outside of their regular jobs & personal lives.

Thanks for the info Chris, I will write EA when time permits, simply to add one more voice indicating interest in the re-release/development of the franchise.

Looking forward to hanging around in the forums in the future. :)

Back