New enemy

Which enemy would you like to fight on UE2

• The Kilrathi (Kilrathi Empire II, Pirates, Fanatics, whatever)

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Neo-Black Lance with clones of Tolwyn and Seether

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Border Worlds Civil War

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Mantu

• Totally new energy based race

• Steltek back to claim the galaxy

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Another "Aligned" People

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • The Firekaa/FRLN/Neo Pilgrim/Milrathi/Double Helix/Mopoks League

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • "It's Renegade Pirates, I tell you"

• Just stick with the bugs

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They are not alone; they are on the FFPMDM League. They fight for confed all those years during the Kilrathi war... They let confed soliders to live in their huts, used their wood/stone spears in combat, entertained confed with mopok strippers, and for what? Nothing. No cable TV, no ice cream, no cloaking device. Did you see a Mopok on the Senate during WCIV? No, you didn't. They want revenge.

FEAR THE FFPMDM LEAGUE!

That's twisted.

I think UE2 should stick with the renegade Kilrathi + Nephilim combination - keeping the Nephilim as the main enemy. I don't know how the bugs were contained in UE, but I'm sure they have plenty of wormholes. :)

Think about it: elusive Double Helix spies, fierce Mopok Marines, natural flyers Fireka pilots, Mantu and their superior technology, mysterious Milrathi warriors, enhanced navigational ability of the pilgrims and the manpower and determination of the FRLN.

At least we would get a diverse selection of comms during combat.

But we know so little about those races.

I can't recall any details on the Double Helix except vague references in Claw Marks and the SO fiction.

The Mopoks, from what I can tell in WC1, are a relatively primitive race, with no desire for galactic conquest.

The Firekka are also a peaceful race, and generally don't even want to leave their flock, let alone their home planet.

The Mantu are on the far side of the Kilrathi borders, from what little I know of them. They'd have to go through the Kilrathi before they even reach the UBW and Confed.

Don't think I've heard of the Milrathi before. Looks more like a misspelling of Kilrathi.

I thought the Pilgrims had all but disappeared, or at least gone to their supposed 'higher plane of existence'.

On the other hand, the Landreich might be a reasonable foe... but also an ally.

But even if it were reasonable to have all these races be made into a hostile force for UE2, I'm sure it would be far too complicated for the design team to come up with vids and voices for all of them.

How about a race cloned from Maniac's genes? Which brings to mind the possibility of having Kamikaze pilots - would that be possible in UE2? I mean the bugs don't seem to mind dying that much - take a look at those Remora ships - that's practically flying suicide. Might as well add a couple of big nukes when hit on impact...

I think you'd have to be a Maniac to even think about cloning Maniacs. :eek:

I thought this was supposed to be a serious discussion...

The bit about Kamikaze pilots is.

The Maniac one was for a bit of fun.

I'm quite happy with the bugs with the throw in of renegade Kilrathi pilots. SO didn't exactly answer many questions on the bugs, so it would be good to kind of find out more about them, what the heck they are doing, how the Kilrathi were able to predict them, as well as their technology and such.

I mean, from the fiction so far, it appears that there has only been space fights so far and in friendly territory. It would be good for more hand to hand combat (we only ever get a glimpse of what the marines got to do in WCP) and some forays into enemy territory. Raid a couple of bug planets, rebuild the Behemoth and blast them to oblivions.

The only problem is if a fiction is developed and later on Origin decides to make another WC and the fiction is completely different...

Cloning is likely the only way that Maniac is going to be able to reproduce :D

As for kamikaze pilots, I would think of them as being like "manned torpedoes". Basically they would have to face the target for a number of seconds (during which you can shoot at them, forcing them to break off) before they can fly forward and blow up the capship components. The way to accomplish this in coding terms might to be to give them a special torpedo that has a graphic that looks exactly like the fighter--the fighter would lock on its torpedo and fire it, and the torpedo would proceed forward while the original ship would be deleted. To the player it would appear as though the torpedo WAS the fighter. I would envision that the kamikaze fighter would be about as powerful as a Moray for dogfighting purposes, but would carry no missiles except for its special torp.

Finally, as for the Remoras, I recall that they are unmanned (unbugged?). Anyway, they have no pilots, and are computer-controlled, which is why they fly even more stupidly than the bugs. The lack of shields also says that they are meant to be throwaways--a swarm of highly mobile turrets to sting an enemy from several directions at once.

Originally posted by Wedge009
I think you'd have to be a Maniac to even think about cloning Maniacs. :eek:
I cloned Maniac once :p. I was messing around with the WC1 bar, and managed to get it to have two Maniacs sitting side by side. It was disturbing. They they both did that insane Maniac grin in sync... I've been trying to recover my sanity ever since.

I guess any time someone brings the Milrathi (who are some stupid thing some fans made up, as I recall), they're not exactly trying to start a serious discussion :p.

Originally posted by Wedge009

Of course the The Firekaa/FRLN/Neo Pilgrim/Milrathi/Double Helix/Mopoks League is serious!

Originally posted by Wedge009 [/i]
But we know so little about those races.

We know little about the bugs, too. There are lots of humans there on the league.

I can't recall any details on the Double Helix except vague references in Claw Marks and the SO fiction.

That's why they would make good spies.

The Mopoks, from what I can tell in WC1, are a relatively primitive race, with no desire for galactic conquest.

So was the Kilrathi, until someone gave them spaceflight. That's the same deal with the Mopoks.

The Firekka are also a peaceful race, and generally don't even want to leave their flock, let alone their home planet.

They were peaceful, until the Kilrathi ravaged their delicate planet. Now, they are everywhere. Even on Kilrah Sector. Check the WCP manual.

The Mantu are on the far side of the Kilrathi borders, from what little I know of them. They'd have to go through the Kilrathi before they even reach the UBW and Confed..

What kind of opposition you think the Kilrathi could, or would, impose to the Mantu? Besides, perhaps they are only sending technological help for some time.

Don't think I've heard of the Milrathi before. Looks more like a misspelling of Kilrathi.

That's why they are so mysterious. They fly on Mralthi fighters.

I thought the Pilgrims had all but disappeared, or at least gone to their supposed 'higher plane of existence'.

They went to Mantu space to seek refuge. Now, they are back, protected by Mopok marines.

On the other hand, the Landreich might be a reasonable foe... but also an ally.

Good base of operations, right? And very close to confed space. Also, not so far away from Firekaa, Rostov and Mantu.

But even if it were reasonable to have all these races be made into a hostile force for UE2, I'm sure it would be far too complicated for the design team to come up with vids and voices for all of them.

You'd need just a couple of new vids. The Pilgrims and Landreich are, after all, humans. Just give the UBW a new paint job. Milrathi uses Kilrathi vids. Mopoks are marines, so they don't need any. No vids for Double Helix spies. Firekaa and Mantu is what you'd need.

Mopoks ain´t no marines. They´re troglodytes. They fight their enemies with spiked clubs, like in that Simpsons episode.

The Kilrathi are also troglodytes that rather use claws (WC1, WC2, WC3) or cutting objects (WCM) in combat. And remember, the Kilrathi were not dangerous as a spacefaring race until someone gave them technology. We are talking about Mopoks with Mantu weaponry.

I think you should keep on the fight aganist the Nephilim unless your making a prequel.Also I have urealted question about Secret Ops. Episode one contains what systems?

The Mopoks with Mantu tech would be sort of like the WCA episode "Lords of the Sky", where the Kilrathi give some stone-age natives access to Dralthi fighters to fight against Confed.

That's it! Well done! You got the essence of the league. Shared technology. Thanks for the reference.

With the Mantu backing them up, smaller powers like the Mopoks, Double Helix and Fikrekaa can be a fearsome force.

Back