New cockpits!

The Broadsword's cockpit is as beautiful as the Hornet's cockpit. Looks like I have a weakness for green cockpits...:)

Yeah, the Broadsword cockpit view is quite remarkable; it gives you a sense a place that none of the others really do. Combined with the new backgrounds it almost looks like a completely different game.

Yeah, the Broadsword cockpit view is quite remarkable; it gives you a sense a place that none of the others really do. Combined with the new backgrounds it almost looks like a completely different game.

Yes, the new cockpits and starfields seem to add a level of realism to the game.

One half of me wants to ask if the turrets are going to get similar treatment. The other half remembers how limited the field of view was in those things. In WC2, it almost made one claustrophobic...

That's pretty much exactly how I imagined the Talon's cockpit would look (except most Talon owners wouldn't have sprung for the leather interior)

I disagree. I think the Rapier cockpit works better. Also, the rapier one shows the least amount of the rediculous flight suits they wore in SWC.

Also, are you guys planning anything for the Wraith? Academy or Armada? Although there isn't much difference, the Armada one does look cooler.

Those space backgrounds look amazingly cool, great work guys.
I've been away from WC for a long time, haven't even played with HCl's WCP online patch yet (could kick myself for that), but I will surely be looking forward for the next standoff episode.

Keep up the great work.

something i really miss from the original WC is the cockpit taking damage when the ship gets critical, damn why did they stoped doing that anyway?

is there a way to implement that on standoff? maybe some decals over the texture when the damage gets high. dont know.

Unfortunately, there's no way. The only type of model that we can change based on damage are the capship components. One thing I would like to do would be making the engine flames turn red/pink when you use afterburners, but we can't change models or textures dynamically like that either. Even the Shok'lar cloaking animation is based on a very cheap trick. :p

Unfortunately, there's no way. The only type of model that we can change based on damage are the capship components. One thing I would like to do would be making the engine flames turn red/pink when you use afterburners, but we can't change models or textures dynamically like that either. Even the Shok'lar cloaking animation is based on a very cheap trick. :p

Well it's a great trick and it's great I can say that from experience now :D

Even the Shok'lar cloaking animation is based on a very cheap trick. :p

I take offense on that coment, since I was the disturbed mind behind the fake cloacking concept! No, wait, it really is a cheap trick...:p

Man, can't wait to play eith those backgrounds!

Well, to be fair about it, it's not the cheapest trick we've ever tried... I remember seeing some really awful screenshots of an attempt at a planetary battle some time after UE was released. :p

Oh, sure, mention a cheap trick that makes VISION do the impossible and don't explain it. Thanks a lot! :)

Oh, sure, mention a cheap trick that makes VISION do the impossible and don't explain it. Thanks a lot! :)

Don't worry once you see it in effect you won't care how it works, you'll just be so amazed that you'll probably get shot down. I know it happened to me the first time I encountered it. It sure looks amazing :)

Back