Need Help with a WC1 Mission

Thats true, doomsday's intelligence level seemed to sway from level to level, he was absolutely useless against the larger cap ships though

I think I'm going to die now :)

Originally posted by Quarto
As for Doomsday, when you go on that raid against Korah Pokh (low res text really is hard to read), he used to trash those transports along the way so fast if I didn't send him home.
Korah Pokh was the listening post in Enigma. The supply depot's name, (if it had one) however, temporarily evades me.

Originally posted by Quarto
That makes it even worse then, doesn't it? They're doing what even Maniac wouldn't do.

What I do in the games, and what I'd do in 'reality' are far from the same. I've said before that while I would tend to think like Flint in VS, the way I fly in the games makes me more of a 'Maniac'.

BTW, Flash was listed as a 1st Lieutenant in VS, which seems to fit in with his young age and "Academy hotshot"-ness, yet he is a Major in the game, presumably so he would be able to challenge Blair with less fear of being considered subordinate. Does that make sense?

Originally posted by Wedge009
BTW, Flash was listed as a 1st Lieutenant in VS, which seems to fit in with his young age and "Academy hotshot"-ness, yet he is a Major in the game, presumably so he would be able to challenge Blair with less fear of being considered subordinate.
Flash is a Major, that rank was, er, secured for him by his father who has given considerble fundings to the unit with whitch Flash was.

so flash is a major coz of his daddy paying heaps of money???

btw...i always thought that cobra and flint were pretty decent at taking out cap ships in wc3...i found that cobra and flint handled the bigger fighters well compared to the rest
and that more or less everybody else was pretty average in every other ship...my preferred wingman has been vagabond or hobbes
btw...somebody was saying the better pilots do what you say...well...flash and maniac were fairly good but they just didn't do what u say, until the last mission

Yup. Flash was in the home defense squadron before testing the Excal, and his dady payed his way to a high rank at a young age.

That coused Blair some trouble, since he didn't know who should be Flash's wingman. He was upredictable and could very well abandon his wingman just like Maniac, and if put on the wing with someone with lower rank he would be in command and could do something stupid.

then what about in wcp and wcso?

how come as a 2nd lieutenant it was possible to have a commodore on ur wing and still be in charge? or as a 1st lietenant and have a colonel on ur wing

was that all about squadron leader or something like that?
and if so, and blair was that person could blair kind of have a 2ic for squadron leader and then that person would have a higher POSTING, which would have kind of counted more, than the other person on his wing...and therefore be in control ???

Originally posted by StarLight
how come as a 2nd lieutenant it was possible to have a commodore on ur wing and still be in charge? or as a 1st lietenant and have a colonel on ur wing
Well, WC games never were strict when it came to that. In WC1/WC2 you were often the wingleader of some higher ranking pilots, under the idead that you were geting some experience by leading the wing. Anyhow, a Commodore flying on your wing isn't something that you'll see every day, someone with a rank like that isn't even supposed to fly.

That type of title isn't given by rank. The Captain is in charge of everyone on his ship no matter the rank(except the SF personnelle in some situations), the CAG/Wing Commander is in charge of everyone in his flight wing(s). This is the same for Wing Commander (in the Wing Leader sense).

This happens in the modern day military as well.

TC

Back