Need help in P2

Zero

Spaceman
In Privateer 2 in the mission that you need to save the Anhur Senator's kid.

I tractored the crate and then a riddle poped up about cargo runs..... I have no idea what co-oridinents its bringing me too.

HELP?

I know how to solve this one. Just give the riddle and I'll solve it.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

While we're on Priv2 problems ...
I have this wierd bug: I can't land on Hermes. I can land everywhere else fine, just not Hermes and the patch didn't fix it either. Any ideas what's happening? I'm thinking it might be my save game. My brother had the same problem but loading an earlier save fixed it. I Unfortunately wasn't so careful
frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the game crash when you try to land? I think that you're suposed to copy the .IFF files from the CD's to your P2 directory.

That's one of the problems described in my player's guide.
First try to copy the file SETS.IFF manually from CD #1 into the game's directory. That should fix the problem.
If not, compare the contents of the game's directory with the CD's root dir and copy all files from the CD's root into the HDD games dir that are not already there. That should fix it for good but takes up about 40 MB more HDD space.

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Another P2 question:
The sequence of meeting people who can give you information about the crash incident is just straightforward, I guess.
But what about meeting other persons? Are they encountered just randomly or are there any conditions to be met for different characters?
For example: Pretty early in the game I went to Bex and met up with Maria Gabriel and agreed to take her off planet. For some time after that it was tough playing on because everyone seemed to be gunning just for me!
smile.gif

------------------

I don't know about how you meet other characters or whether there are certain conditions for meeting them, but after I bought a new ship, people started gunning for me all the time as well.

------------------
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

I think I finished the game....

~~~~Spoiler~~~~~

After I left Kronos's ship is that the endgame? if so I opend my diary and it said "Time to tie loose ends" what is that supposed to mean? and I finished the game with a Straith!! al the way!!!!!

Zero said:
I think I finished the game....

~~~~Spoiler~~~~~

After I left Kronos's ship is that the endgame? if so I opend my diary and it said "Time to tie loose ends" what is that supposed to mean? and I finished the game with a Straith!! al the way!!!!!
Hmm... that must have been a rush job. Most people take the time to finish a whole bunch of missions and get a good ship before they continue the plot. But yes, that's the end of the game. tie up some loose ends means you're free to do whatever you want, the real purpose of the game in the first place
cool.gif
. So take on some missions and save up for an Heretic.

Last edited:
P2 sometimes can be quite evil IMO!
smile.gif

In some occasions it forces me to go on a mission alone. If I try to take a wingman or freighter (best "wingman" of all!) with me pirates/clan ships keep popping up until the wingman is gone! That's NOT fair!
smile.gif
!

------------------

"P2 can be quite evil."

I agree. The blasted thing insists on running at the speed of really-really-quickly on this damned computer.
frown.gif
Do you know what it feels like? I've never had the game before. I finally hunted it down, bought it, and now this. You'd think the stupid Deluxe version wouldn't have these problems.

"PC Killer" sounds dangerous
smile.gif

Copying the sets.iff file worked. Thanks.
And Kris, is that "an Heretic" a typo? I always thought 'heretic' was pronounced like 'hot' not 'hour'.

steampunk said:
"PC Killer" sounds dangerous
smile.gif

Copying the sets.iff file worked. Thanks.
And Kris, is that "an Heretic" a typo? I always thought 'heretic' was pronounced like 'hot' not 'hour'.
CPU Killer rocks. Get the full 20 minute trial from http://www.download.com . Then buy it. 'An' just sounded right, and I honestly don't care, and neither should you.
cool.gif

[This message has been edited by KrisV (edited February 17, 2000).]

Last edited:
Back