MyJemm

SkyFlyer

Spaceman
Ok... Ived tried two versions... the most recent and the one before it... I have EMS memory enables, and on the older one i get "Error Code: 2" and on the newer one i get " EMS memory required." Im on Windows ME... i can run Priv on a boot disk, but since i have an onboard sound card, i have no sound... so if anyone can help plz post

PS... Heres a screenie of the error message

Attachments

• error1.jpg
    error1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 126
  • settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 115
So Skyflyer, I guess its safe to say you didnt get the game to fully work over night eh? :(

Did you check out the Microsoft Knowlage Base artical that it refured to in the error?

well it works off of the boot disk... just i have no sound since i have an onboard sound card... anyway i should be changing the CD rom drive on the old Windows 95 computer so ill be playing on that ( i hope ) :)

SkyFlyer said:
well it works off of the boot disk... just i have no sound since i have an onboard sound card... anyway i should be changing the CD rom drive on the old Windows 95 computer so ill be playing on that ( i hope ) :)

Thats probley the easyest and best choice. Just use a computer that isnt to fast and has a older OS then XP or ME (in your case ME) and just run the WC games off it.

well im trying to get a P1 200mhz working... need to copy some files off of it tho.. CD rom drive doesnt work, nor does the floppy disk... and its a compact destop, so no easy way of updating it... im going to try to put a temporary CD on it with temp floppie and install ms dos on it and then copy all the stuff on there ( it had onboard sound as well :( )

You could try a Win98 boot disk, just to make it easier for you to start setting things up.

Back