My iso cd image cannot be read.Help,pls

Cyp

Spaceman
Hello to everybody on this site.

I found one nice image game, iso extension, but when i loaded into Nero Image drive it's telling me : " Windows cannot read from this disk.This disk might be corrupted or it could be using a format that it's not compatible with windows"

I remember that i have the same problem with another image.

I have Nero 6 Ultra Edition and i use Nero ImageDrive for mounting image files.

also, if i burn the file into a blank cd, i get the same message error.

Anyone can help me?

Thx a lot.

Ah, it's you again :)
Anyway, I guess it could be really corrupted. :( - Too bad, but I guess you have to download/get the iso again. My guess is either the copy/download procedure went wrong or the Image was already bad when it was made. - Hmm. Have you tried ISO-Buster yet? Don't know, but maybe that works or at least you get to know if it's really corrupted.

hello again, THE_WUQKED
i tried also alcohol 120, but i get the same error.
i think it's a broken iso file
if i manage to make it work, i will tell u

maybe if you make a .bin file it will work. It's just a small text file that tells the virtual drive what kind of image is it using. If you google it, you will find how to make one. it's easy.

Duh, it's a .cue file, not a .bin. The .bin file is the one that needs the .cue file to be made.... Then I guess you're out of luck.

Since you couldn't possibly be pirating materials (since that is out of the question), I would suggest that you take your original disc, put it in the drive, and make a new iso from that. Since the WC series was so old, there is no real copy-protection on the discs. Nothing like SecuRom and those type of securities. So, with your original disc in the drive, use something like CDRWin or DiscJuggler and make a new image. Since you have Nero, you can even make an NRG file which is similar to an ISO except that it is a Nero format, but I'm sure you already knew that....

NoMention

Well, there are also real freeware games out there being downloadable as iso files (no Wing Commander, but maybe some fan-made stuff burned on a CD and uploaded as freeware or so. Yes, I mean this serious ;) ) - So he could have still been downloading it, but legal. I mention that, cause then he can't redo the image with nero.

Back