My in Game Movies run TO FAST!!

Z

Zach

Ok im a huge fan of wing commander i used to play wing commander prophecy everyday for a year. I lost the cd one day and reformatted the pc so i couldnt play it any more. Recently i bought the game online. I installed the game and it was fine. till i saw the video, for some reason, the videos run way to fast. anyone know how to stop this? the actual game playing is fine. The only other thing is for some reason my mouse icon gets dragged down the screen. if anyone knows what to do PLZ TELL ME, i love this game lol
Zach

Try to set the sound acceleration to none in the directX options

I'll bet your video codecs are messed up in windows. Try installing Windows Media Player 9 Series, with full installation.

Also try running with the no interlace switch.

This is a common problem, and there is already a sticky which tells you how to get it working. - It's no 100% guarantee, but at least about 90%. (Btw, doesn'T work for both my PCs, I've tried everything suggested here so far, excpet the Cache disable thingy, but was to frightened that it might damage my OS - my DOS-PC won'T boot into Windows when both internal and external caches are disabled)
Anyway, here is the link. But next time I suggest you to try the Search button or at least check the stickies, if you haven't done now already. ;)
http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=6407

Back