MS Precision 2 Joystick Z axis Fix in Privateer remake 1.0

L

login is fubar

I am trying to play privateer remake in XP with MS sidewinder precision 2 USB joystick, I used the 3 axis and throttle setting but the z axis is reversed so I tried the Backwards 3 axis and found that the z axis is mapped to the throttle and vice versa lol, took me a while to figure out why I was spinning and stuck at half speed.

I can play with the z axis reversed but I thought it might fixable (when I twist the grip to the right the ship turns left).

So I looked in vegastrike.config and found this line beneath the "desc #" lines and the mouse settings

<!-- #joy_t_a_rev -->
<axis name="z" joystick="0" axis="3"/>

and the fix is to modify it to this line

<!-- #joy_t_a_rev -->
<axis name="z" joystick="0" axis="3" inverse="true"/>

I also modified the temp file to be sure but I doubt it was necessary

no I dont think so

I have just had to request a new password and it is working using the new password, it was sending me in circles before with my own password, which I did enter correctly btw and it gave me no password alerts, merely refused to remember that I was logged in.

so since nothing has changed this end I am assuming the data needed "refreshing" ie wasnt written correctly first time of asking on the serverside database

there also seems to be a login timeout which complicates the issue but what I am talking about happened in a few seconds of login, I have sent the webmaster an email trying to explain it fwiw

Back