Movie problem with WC4 DVD

Mr_Rainmaker

1st Lieutenant
Hi guys. I have looked trough all the relevant topics about this problem and tried all the possible solution to no avail.

My problem:
Trying to play WC 4 Hi res DVD.

With no extra dll.s (as guzikolas and others) it wont play of course.

With dxmci 1,2 1,3 1,5 (tried all of them) with mpeg decoder the movies will play fine and I can select different dialouges. But the sound in the movies are missing. I do have sound when I highlight the different dialouge options.

With dxmci AND Ac3 Filter I have great sound and video but no dialouge options, the game just freezes at that part. I also can´t hit the escape key to skip movie. Irritating.

Anyone have any suggestions? Of course I run it in win 95 compability and all that.
Can it be because of my 64bit windows 7?

My specs are: MSI CX620 laptop
Intel Core i3
4 gb ram
Ati Radeon HD 5470
Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks!

What do you mean by it freezes? If you press up or down does the choice dialogue play at all?

Is this after the first movie? It plays one movie and then freezes? If so that sounds like the cyberlink incompatability. There are two possible solutions. The first is kind of heavy handed and involves uninstalling any cyberlink software on your PC like PowerDVD or PowerDirector.

That shouldn't be necessary though. In the WC4 directory try running register.bat before running the game... possibly do so several times. Then see if it is still freezing after the first movie.

Well, it hangs after the intromovie when you can choose to help the guy (or straighten him out) in the bar. No dialouge options are available. The game just stop there. It doesnt work when I hit up or down on the keyboard either.

It is a clean win7 install so no power dvd or similiar stuff are installed. I am at work now but will try to run register.bat when I'm back home but I am pretty sure I tried that earlier and all I got was an error message.

Well Good news guys! I got it to work like a charm!

I tried to run register.bat in the wc4dvd folder but it only come up with a error code "The module Mpeg2DecFilter.ax was loaded but the call to Dllregisterserver failed, error code 0x80070005".

Solution: Uninstalled Ac3 filter. Downloaded and installed Matroska pack with default settings. Game runs as smooth as ever. :p

Back