Mouse cursor

David_Myers

Spaceman
Help! I can't seem to get my mouse cursor to work. The manual shows that there are two settings. However, on the version i downloaded, when I am in setup, "Mouse cursor" is not an option. It isnt on the config settings.

What can I do?

Thanks very much
David

What video card do you have--we used to have this problem with like every third user...now a total of 2 users (including yourself) have reported this issue...

you can try opening up vegastrike.config
editing
var name="hardware_cursor" value="false"

and changing it to

var name="hardware_cursor" value="true"

if this fixes your problem let us know

Hmmm...

I was able to edit the config, and get the mouse to partially work.

Now I am having major problems equipping my ship.

I cant seem to get missles or guns.

The menu comes up, and asks where I want them, and then won't let me put them on.

Am I doing something wrong?

I am using a base model dell, with the standard stock video card.

Help!

Thanks for this great remake.

so you're supposed to click on the mount location... preferably one that's yellow or green...and then click ok...

what's the issue...describe exactly what you're doing... where you click...where you can't click...what doesn't work... how you even get out of the menu if it "won't let you"

Okay

What is happening is exactly as you desribe. I get in, the menu comes up, and I am asked where to mount the guns. I try to click (and or type "1", "2", or wherever). Then nothing happens. I keep clicking "OK", and the ok icon fades, but nothing happens. Occasionally, it will let me buy a gun, or a load of missles, but it is intermittent.

I thought perhaps that I had a bad Centurion, so I sold it, but now cant get a single gun on my new orion.

Thats what is happening.

Thanks for the help, and this game truly is awesome.

I am new, and don't know much about what is going on here.

Is this a beta test? Will this game come out on the market for sale? (I hope!)

David Myers

This is a beta release. Version 1.0 should be out for release soon, but will not be for sale. This is open source software and will be distributed at no cost.

This game will always be free...
the first question: what colors are the mounts in the menu
second question: do you see them highlight whenyou move mouse over....
third issue: you will be ble to see the red ones highlight but not be able to click

you can only click on yellow or green points... then click ok and the gun will go there...

if all points are red then you can'tmont it anywhere...

send me your screenshot and your game....
the orion can hold 2 blasters and 1 missile... not much variety....

you also could be trying to SELL weapons instead of buy them

buying happens from the left column.... give some more details and maybe a screenshot

screenshot is done by pressing print screen...hitting alt-tab...going to paintbrush and donig cntrl-V to paste it

then you can save and e-mail it to privater *atsign gmail.com

*atsign = @

also if you felt like it you could send us the misbehaving orion file in .privateer009/serialized_xml/savegamename/orion.blank.csv

Fixed!

I must have NOT been clicking with the mouse. Because, after reading your reply, I tried again, and it worked every time. I was typing "1", or "2". Thanks.

My next question regards selling ships. When I buy a new ship, I am unable to sell the old one, unless i find a really out of the way planet. then "my fleet" icon is there, and lets me sell. IS there another way?

Thanks.

David

David_Myers said:
I must have NOT been clicking with the mouse. Because, after reading your reply, I tried again, and it worked every time. I was typing "1", or "2". Thanks.

My next question regards selling ships. When I buy a new ship, I am unable to sell the old one, unless i find a really out of the way planet. then "my fleet" icon is there, and lets me sell. IS there another way?

Thanks.

David

Once you buy the ship, then you can sell it

shouldn't matter what kind of planet it is :)

you can't trade-in in this version--though the tarsus was basically worthless anyhow in the original

Once you buy your new ships, click on one of the ships in the ship dealer again to open the BUY SHIP interface. if you click on My Fleet and select your Tarsus, you should be able to sell it.

Note that you if you want to sell your Tarsus (or any other ship), you should first strip it of everything, as it appears you do not receive money for anything attched to the ship when you sell it. An added benefit of this is that some addons, such as guns, can be transferred to your new ship at no cost (i.e. sell your Tarsus' guns for 10 credits each, buy Centurion, sell Tarsus, buy 2 guns for 10 credits each on Centurion).

Thanks for helpin' out here JKeefe :) it's great to have gamers who answer other gamers' questions--we devels really appreciate it so we can spend more time coding :)

and so do I

I also truly appreciate the help. I play Diablo II online, and the bickering, swearing, and namecalling make the game a lot less fun. So what If I am a "noob". I still have questions.

Thanks again.

David

Back