Model Conversion

TanGO

Spaceman
Here some questions about Model conversion to SO engine.

In first place I have a trouble when I traslate the model to .peo file.
Although I do the rotation from 3d studio max, and although I can view the model rightly in "position" from 3D exploration, the peoview.exe ever read the model in remembering the original position.
On the tutorial in the Kilerwave web pages I read that's not good rotate the model on modelc.exe, the tutorial counsel is rotate the object from you original application before of the traslation. But, as like said previously, the peoview don't recognize the position.
What's grong?

Now, if anybody have some experience on 3dstudio and model traslations, other question:
How can I do to assign two materials to the some bitmap on different positions and that the 3exploration can recognize it?
Original mats on SO engines has many texture on each one.
I manage the UV bitmap on 3dstudio and this work, but this work only on 3dstudio, when 3dexploration read the file it "fill" the object with "all bitmap" and don't recognize the bitmap position assigned on the 3ds file.
Well, we know many things the 3dexploration can not read, but when I open the material properties in 3dexploration I can not find the info on wich part of the bitmap the material is using, only I can read the offset, tile and angle properties.
Where the 3dexploration material store the position info?

Now one about modelc:
We have assign the RADI chunk manually?
Following the Kilerwave tutorial, I press twice el Calc FVRT button, but the RADI that appear twice on the script file remain "10".

If you got the model centered, it should open centered in peoviewer. Thing is, and that is the reason why i said its better to not center in modelc, modelc will show the model a bit twisted in position. Upside down and to the right.

About texturing, i learned a bit myself about texturing in milkshape, but i believe the proccess would be similar in any other programs. You can have multiple textures in one mat, and it is indeed advisable, since it reduce the number of mats the game need to read. But to be able to texture the model, you need to have it split in the objects that uses in the diferent textures. Later you can join all the objects again in one object model using the wordpad technic in the tutorial.

Yes, you need to assign the RADI chunck manually, but it doesnt interfere with the model itself as you're thinking, The RADI and SPHR chunks are used by the game to tell the other ships how far they should be when in formation, so it doesnt colide with the player ship constantly and how big the shield sphere is in the ship for colision purposes.

Hope it helps ;)

Btw, check your e-mail, i finished the package we talked earlier :D

I think that RADI affect to general collisions, but knowing that opration is manual that's all right.
About of texturing, I can detach and attach objects on 3d studio, that's not the problem, the problem is where the 3dexploration read the UV coordinates on the bitmap. On 3dstudio I open the bitmap and select the bitmap portion where I want read before to apply it. On 3d studio that's read fine, but when I open the file on 3dexploration that info is not read, for that I ask where the material store the bitmap portion?,because on material properties from 3dexploration I can not find that information.

Thanks

Sorry, never used 3d studio, so cant help you in there...are you sure its saving the texture coordinates? Get the model completely finished before opening it in 3d exploration. Dont let to apply the textures in 3d exploration later...if thats what you're doing.

I'm not trying apply the texture from 3dexploration, I said 3dexploration show an information material panel all parameters from the file. But I don't see where the info bitmap cropping could be. If you review the material you can see U, V, tile and angle but not the crop info.

Back