Maverick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimrod

Spaceman
Do you know the movie "Maverick" with Mel Gibson?
There Maverick is a Poker player which always plays fair
and always wins!
And Blair fights also always fair and does also always win.

I think that`s why he is called "Maverick".

I'm sorry but I don't think so...
Blair explains how he caught this callsign in the first episode of WCATV "Blue & Red": it is said that he always respected the rules, so that they called him Maverick. Of course, this is a contradiction... but that is the joke...

The WC characters aren't based on real people (as opposed to many of the Ultima characters...). Chris Blair isn't Chris Roberts in the WC universe, he just has the same callsign as a show of respect.

Going by the Wing Commander Movie magazine, Maniac was based after some person he use to be friends in college with.

I'm too lazy to check.

Well, stop being lazy. ;)

Pilots dont choose their own callsigns contrary to popular opinion. Their copilots 'give' them one.

I still hate the stupid name... "Frosty" how is anyone suppossed to take that seriously?

Originally posted by Mav23
I still hate the stupid name... "Frosty" how is anyone suppossed to take that seriously?

Lemme put it this way...if you put a lil' hat on a snowball it'll last a long time in hell. ;)

Hehe, I just don't like the Callsign, I mean, it seems so childish for some reason. Just to me that is. Apparently our resident Frosty liked it :)

The only reason I can think of for it sounding childish is that snowman song. Still wouldn't bother me if it became the 'official' callsign for Casey.

Originally posted by Mav23

At least Frosty is a word. What the heck is a Mav? or a Mav23!? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back