Mass Effect 3

Is it the PC version that can't import ME2 saves?

I know it's there on the Xbox360 version when I started. Now, granted I heard there were two limitations - if Shepard was killed, then no, you can't import the save (there's no Shepard to continue). Ditto anyone that was killed - they would stay being dead.

FYI, EA has found another way to extract more money from you - http://www.appshopper.com/games/mass-effect-infiltrator - not sure how it affects your game (I haven't played ME1/2 though I have them).

Bought ME2 about a year ago. Never had the time to play it until some weeks ago when I cought the flu. Thought I could as well play it and determine wheter Id also buy ME3 when it comes out. The game sucked me right in and Ive done two playthroughs since then - gonna buy ME3 today when I get home. Unfortunatly my ME system is my PS3, so I cant do a ME1 to ME3 playthrough.

LeHah said:
The next morning I was *very* unhappy to find that ME3 forces you to redesign Shepard. It will not port your existing character designs from ME2. Last I checked, there was a 109 page complaint thread on the Bioware forum about this. It seems like a BS reason to get angry over a game - but the truth is that the series is BASED on you doing it as you would, and a big part of that is how you designed *your* character in the original game back in 2007.

Theres also some nitpicking problems that I dislike about with how little I've gone through on the Single Player - for instance, I'm getting way too many guns way too early in this game - but so far its enjoyable and the story seems to be going somewhere. The MP is outta sight if you have the right types of people to play with.

Hmm, that's odd, because I was able to import my save game (which was a character from Mass Effect 1) just fine and the appearance was okay. Maybe it was because I made a slight change in my appearance between ME1 and ME2. It might be if you never changed your appearance from ME1 that it won't load.

As for the guns, I have no problem with the amount you can acquire. Shepard is a Spectre and a bad ass military leader. I figure copious amounts of hardware wouldn't be hard to fine.

well what can I say? I loved it was perfect right untill the end:mad:

Dude you are definitely not alone in that. There are several polls up on the BioWare forums imploring them to change the endings. The largest one has about 20,000 votes at the moment, and a whopping 98 % of respondants want the endings changed, or at least an epilogue so we know how our choices affected the galaxy (Geth and Quarians, curing the genophage, etc...) and what happened to the crew. I consider myself part of that 98 percent. There was no closure with any of the characters.

Dude you are definitely not alone in that. There are several polls up on the BioWare forums imploring them to change the endings. The largest one has about 20,000 votes at the moment, and a whopping 98 % of respondants want the endings changed, or at least an epilogue so we know how our choices affected the galaxy (Geth and Quarians, curing the genophage, etc...) and what happened to the crew. I consider myself part of that 98 percent. There was no closure with any of the characters.

Glad im not the only one it almost seems like they ran out of time for the end hope EA/bioware take note

I'm guessing it'll be some more paid DLC.

Hey, it *IS* EA after all. If they're not coming up with ways to milk every penny out of a franchise, they aren't doing their jobs. First DLC will be an ending analyzer for $10 to see how your choices affected the world. Add $10 if you want to see how the chain of events you started since ME2 (Xbox only) affected things on a whole. $30 if you want to see how it progressed all the way from ME1 (Xbox) or ME2 (PS3).

EA execs are probably cheering gleefully - if 95% of people are wanting to know how the ending came about, it means they can count on a Lot More Money(tm).

Started playing it. Just finished Thessia, probably going to finish the game today or tomorrow evening. Couldnt resist and watched some of the endings on youtube after all the fuzz I read about them. Seems to be a bit of a letdown. At least with old Baldurs Gate they gave you some written stories about the further exploits of your companions.

or at least an epilogue so we know how our choices affected the galaxy (Geth and Quarians, curing the genophage, etc...) and what happened to the crew. I consider myself part of that 98 percent. There was no closure with any of the characters.

Considering that all the endings involved the mass relays exploding no matter what you did I imagine the epilogue would be something along the lines of "they all blew up or starved to death, but at least the Yahg won't have to worry about space robots killing everyone the next time around."

The worst thing was the game throwing every decision you ever made out of the window for a weird matrixesque ending that made no sense in any context. The game made you invest so much in Shepard and the world around him, and none of it ended up actually mattering.

Considering that all the endings involved the mass relays exploding no matter what you did I imagine the epilogue would be something along the lines of "they all blew up or starved to death, but at least the Yahg won't have to worry about space robots killing everyone the next time around."

The worst thing was the game throwing every decision you ever made out of the window for a weird matrixesque ending that made no sense in any context. The game made you invest so much in Shepard and the world around him, and none of it ended up actually mattering.

SPOILERS!!

I dont remember the Citadel blowing up and isnt that a mass relay? which im guessing can travel to anywhere as it moved into earth orbit

SPOILERS:

In one of the endings the citadel seems to survive. In the other two endings it seems to disintegrate shortly before it releases its last energy pulse

Spoiler:

Yeah, the Citadel is a mass relay, but the Proteans changed the keepers so they couldn't or wouldn't activate it. It would probably be possible to fix it, but the implication seemed to be that interstellar travel died with the mass relays. Not sure if it can actually act as a relay for itself or if it used the Widow one to get to Earth, though. In any event, there probably aren't many people left familiar with how the Citadel actually works.

Edit: I think it's just the crucible that blows itself up. Still can't have been good news for the station.

Spoiler:

Yeah, the Citadel is a mass relay, but the Proteans changed the keepers so they couldn't or wouldn't activate it. It would probably be possible to fix it, but the implication seemed to be that interstellar travel died with the mass relays. Not sure if it can actually act as a relay for itself or if it used the Widow one to get to Earth, though. In any event, there probably aren't many people left familiar with how the Citadel actually works.

Edit: I think it's just the crucible that blows itself up. Still can't have been good news for the station.

Just rewatched it. In the blue ending the station is clearly seen closing its arms, not fireing another energy ray (though the relays are destroyed nevertheless by the initial pulse). In the green and red endings the is destroyed after it gives of the ray that destroys the mass relays (explosions can be seen before it fires and after it does one can see the central ring explode with the arms drifting apart).

I picked up a copy, as my local supermarket was doing a deal with Kinect. What the hey, I thought, Mass Effect 3 plays better with Kinect! Utterly disappointed with the voice commands, shephard ignores my commands and will make choices in the dialog tree's based on the conversation in the game. I would have expected Kinect to distignuish game noise/speech from me. Without Kinect, I'm enjoying it.

There seem's to be an uproar about the ending, I haven't finished so don't spoil it for me!

Back