Marc Goes to Coventry (March 1, 2006)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
The Coventry-type Destroyer may well be older than the ships that appeared before it: the Gilgamesh and Exeter-classes... but when we see them they have modern paint schemes -- similar to the newly produced Vesuvius-class. So, naturally, one wonders: what might the Coventry-class look like during Wing Commander 2 (circa 2665)? Well, Marc has an answer... and it certainly impresses me!

--
Original update published on March 1, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
It really is amazing what a wc2 paint job can do to any WC ship. I was never really too fond of the switch to the confed blue after the first games' green. Seeing them all in those colors would make a nice wallpaper...

I'd like to see a WC2-ised Durango, and a Corcordia-class with slightly opened roof, like Eder has done for the Standoff's version of the Concordia.

Oh, and a Hellcat ? And more capship interiors ?

PopsiclePete said:
I'd like to see ...a Corcordia-class with slightly opened roof, like Eder has done for the Standoff's version of the Concordia.

...slightly opened roof? did I miss something? I spend a great deal of time looking at all the screen shots available on the Standoff site... haven't seen anything that has an "opened roof"...I'm confused and interested.

You can encounter a Concordia in the first mission of episode 3's winning path, the Verdun. I am at job at the moment so I can't snap a screenshot, but you could see by yourself in that mission.

I only found an old half-textured screenshot Eder made, but I don't think he'd like it if I'd show his incomplete work :p

Ok Marc, as you requested:

Concordia1.jpg

Concordia2.jpg

I like the small open section in the front, very similar to the Claw. It looks like it belongs in the wc2 period. Too bad she's not going to look that pretty for too much longer...

That's fantastic! Great concept, very innovative- like most of the Standof's work. The reason I didn't know is that I don't have SecretOps... so no Standoff game-time for me :( All I know and see comes from the site or conversation from you guys. thanks.

Marc said:
That's fantastic! Great concept, very innovative- like most of the Standof's work. The reason I didn't know is that I don't have SecretOps... so no Standoff game-time for me :( All I know and see comes from the site or conversation from you guys. thanks.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the idea wasn't to be innovative... it's just a very small change done to make the model fit in with WC1/2 ships a little bit better (though even without it, just the texture change already made a huge difference).

I am a bit curious as to why you don't have Secret Ops, though... it is a free download, you know.

Thank you ChrisReid!
I FINALLY installed it and I'm blown away. It's gonna take me a while to get off this cloud 9 :D

But... as mutch as I like the concordia class variation that Eder made, I'm still partial to my original WC2 remake... does anyone remember? I never really stopped working on it.
vicwc26it.jpg

Wow ! Being a huge fan of WC2, I can't get enough of this stuff :D Keep it coming, please !

You say "does anyone remember ?", but I don't actually remember seeing that one. You sure you posted it ? Maybe you should make a portfolio webpage showing off all your models in one place or something like that ?

It made the news on January of last year. Was darn proud of her then and I'm even more now.
https://www.wcnews.com/news/1912
And I must admit that I am a bit disorganised... But all my work can be seen on the CIC forums. I'm gratefull for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back