Making the Games: Kilrathi in Action (October 24, 2008)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
This is the eleventh set of Feng Zhu "concept" ships, commissioned for an unspecified Wing Commander title following the release of Secret Ops. This is the third and final 'action' set, showing what four different Kilrathi designs could look like in an actual game. From left to right: a cruiser, a fighter, a freighter and a 'multirole' design.

Thanks to Captain Johnny for both archiving and providing this material!

--
Original update published on October 24, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Stunningly good stuff. I really like the first shot with the shadow of the fighters stenciled on the hull of the cruiser - it really helps drive home the feeling of scale! If those glowy bits on the front of the engines were red instead of white, this would be just dead perfect.
The Fighter, Freighter and Multirole also look amazing - I can easily imagine each of them in a WC game with almost no effort whatsoever.
Thanks again for posting these!

I think these were my favorites out of the whole set. Feng really hit the nail on the head for kilrathi concepts

Now these not only look great, they also feel like they belong in the Wing Commander universe. That fighter looks like a lethal fang in motion...

This is great stuff!

I can only agree with everyone else about those pictures: they look mighty fine and fit well in the universe.

Only the cruiser looks a bit too light to me for a cruiser...but it still looks very good!

Back