Making the Game - Part 68 (July 12, 2008)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
This is the big prize for anyone interested in Wing Commander Prophecy's early visuals: an early version of the TCS Midway designed by Chris Douglas early on in the game's development. The evolution from Wing Commander III and IV is a lot more clear here!

WCP_Early_Midway_Page_2t.jpg

Cockpit Mockup
Download (4.4 MB)

Date: Unknown
Project: Wing Commander Prophecy
Donated By: Billy Cain
Pages: 1

--
Original update published on July 12, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
When I played WCP I had wished that it had a stronger art design connection to WCIII/IV. That said, I prefer the version of the Midway used. Even though it feels like too much of a jump into the future from the Carriers in WCIII/IV. I'm not really liking this Mono-Hammerhead design, but it does feel much more connected to WCIII/IV era.

-SK

This is labeled as yesterdays "Cockpit Mockup" again - was that an accident or was there a reason for that (like an internal file name, or something)?

Reminds me a bit of Priv2...but every ship that has a not so standard look reminds me of Priv2.

I can't even tell if I like this one better than the actual Midway. The Midway they used is easier on the eye but it's also duller (if that is the right word).

I think it's only stranger because it's unfamiliar. Compared to previous designs, it's less strange than the Midway. I really like this one, and it'd be cool if it somehow made an appearance somewhere as some kind of bridge between ships seen in WC3/4 (which were mostly very old designs) and WCP.

Great finding. I really liked it.

Looks a bit like a Pilgrim Cross when you look it from a certain angle.

Back