Mac Delivers Fabulous Hero Ship Wallpaper Pair (May 10, 2023)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Today we've got a stunning pair of wallpapers that Mac recently put together with Klavs' models. These would look fabulous in the center of a pair of monitors and would look even better if you have a vertically oriented display. They would also work perfectly as your phone's background or lock screen image. Each one is beautiful, but as a pair, they are perfect together!

Hey Kids, Jedi Survivor issues got you down? How about you revisit the other scifi universe Mark Hamill played a major part in where he flew down a trench to destroy a planet sized object that resulted in the good guys winning? - Wing Commander .

--
Original update published on May 10, 2023

Great graphics!
I always wonder about the origins of the "Trench Run", the first ones I can remember in film are the Dambusters, where they fly low level through the river valley to use the bouncing bombs on the dams, and the other is the end of 633 Squadron. where they fly through a well defend fjord to drop "earthquake bombs" on the weak point of an overhanging mountain, to bury a bomb proof fuel factory.

These are gorgeous, they almost make me want to print them up and make shadow boxes with the 3D printed Sabre and Rapier I just completed.

Great graphics!
I always wonder about the origins of the "Trench Run", the first ones I can remember in film are the Dambusters, where they fly low level through the river valley to use the bouncing bombs on the dams, and the other is the end of 633 Squadron. where they fly through a well defend fjord to drop "earthquake bombs" on the weak point of an overhanging mountain, to bury a bomb proof fuel factory.

I think you nailed it exatly, Lucas is on record as having heavily based tne trench run on the 1955 version of The Dam Busters... and then Wing Commander stole it straight from Star Wars. (And of course Dam Busters was a true story, so it all goes back to Operation Chastise!)

These are gorgeous, they almost make me want to print them up and make shadow boxes with the 3D printed Sabre and Rapier I just completed.
Actually....I did render them at a "Print-Ready" size for 12x18 with the intention of printing. I've never actually tried printing a render before but I've always been curious to try it. So you might see a post someday where I did do that. 😆

Bloody gorgeous! Lovely work Mac!
And thanks to your work as always Klavs! These wouldn't look nearly as cool without them.

Back