Long time visitor first time poster

Lilja

Ensign
Hello all

I think the title says it all really.

I was introduced to WC somewhere in the early 90's, when I was walking round a shop with my old nan looking for something to spend my pocket money on. I feel in love with the box of WC1. Alas it never ran well on our computer and although I tried, it was difficult to play without a joystick and sound, perhaps being around 10 also didn't help.

I was then re-introduced to wc in the late 90's when a friend got a new computer that had a WC4 demo, it was the atmosphere mission if I remember correctly. After that I found WC3 and WC4 for my Playstation.

I learnt of Prophecy about the same time as I discovered this place but due to computer limitations was never able to buy it. I remember looking at the game many times in the shops. Eventually with a new computer I was able to play it. I always felt let down by the ending and the lack of a follow up.

I did get involved in one of the RPG's many years ago but the time zones differences didn't help and I couldnt really justify staying up all night.

I heard about SC and before it got to $1m gave a little money to that with the idea if it turns out good well good, if it doesnt turn out good, oh well.

I have play a little of UE, Stand Off and the homeworld mod (infact I bought HW solely for the mod)

I have plan to play through the entire WC series, and have purchased them from GOG but again due to computer limitations (joystickless) I do not wish to play them.

I have recently read the books with the exception of pilgrim skies, which I hope to read when I have finished reading some other books.

I'm not really sure why I haven't got involved here until now, I suppose it is just general shyness and real life priorities.

Otherwise in my real life I study chemistry and swedish. I work as a chef making food for bacteria and other fascinating wonderful creatures that upset peoples bodies.

So thats me, I'll try to over come some of my shyness and be alot more involved.

Mike

Welcome! I too was introduced to Wing Commander by the original WC and it still is my favourite until now. Buy yourself a joystick and get into the old WC games. I actually envy you: to experience WC, WC2 and Privateer for the first time!

I am always amazed what energy and creativity lies in this community. You have definately come to the right place (as you already know, since you were lurking).

Again, welcome and have fun!

Welcome aboard! It's always good to see a friendly ship!

It's always nice to see a lurker become active in the Chatzone.

Well thanks for the nice welcome.

I do plan to get a joystick (eventually) I have been holding off a little, what with SC on the horizon.

I did see the post a while back about a cheap stick and have been thinking about a few of those suggested.

I have had thoughts about trying a PS3 controller, but havent really had the time to experiement.

I'm not sure what to think about being envied, I think that I might have to certainly take my time when playing the games, and try to play them right, really try to enjoy them and get everything out of them.

I would like to find out what the fuss is about the concordia though, she gets mentioned alot in the books.

Well first there are actually 3 different ships named TCS Concordia in the books plus the Concordia class Fleet Carriers.

In Action Stations the TCS Concordia which was the prototype for the Concordia class plays a major role.

The movie novelization and novels tied to the movies have a second TCS Concordia.

Then a third TCS Concordia is Blair's carrier for Wing Commander II, and it also plays a major role in the novels set between Wing Commander II and Wing Commander III.

And two Concordia class Carriers appear in Wing Commander IV with one serving as Blair's initial posting

Last edited:
Back