Lexington Comm Files

Dragon1

Rear Admiral
Hello everybody!

Would anyone have the TCS Lexington audio/video comm reply files from WC4? Nothing is cooler than watching Naismith panic as the bridge of the carrier is burning up around him.

HCL's movie viewer was able to extract them for prophecy but I couldn't get it to work on the comms for wc4 dvd edition. I dont know (but dont think it would be any different) about the CD version.

Was there something specific that made people not like Naismith? He had some weird smirks on his face sometimes.. but I'm trying to think, and I don't recall specific rude things he ever said or did.

there's a couple of great death/traitor comms from naismith's counterpart on the Midway in prophecy.

ChrisReid said:
Was there something specific that made people not like Naismith? He had some weird smirks on his face sometimes.. but I'm trying to think, and I don't recall specific rude things he ever said or did.

If you'd fail a mission he'd say: "You're lucky to have made it back alive, colonel." or "Paulsen will not be pleased." in a very denegrating manner.

ChrisReid said:

Naismith is the WC-equivalent to that cop nobody likes on a horror movie.

Now, seriously, he was smug towards Eisen and Blair. There was something about his attitude.

The WCP Lt. Anderson doesn't care if Casey bites the dust, per game cut scene. What what the traitor comm, anyway?

Another interesting comm is given by Capt. Wilford if the Midway has to jump leaving fighters behind. He thanks them for their service.

Delance said:
What what the traitor comm, anyway?

?

The traitor comm in prophecy has him saying "you can just rot in space traitor!"

Personnaly I like his death comm: "See you hell, you bastards! Aaaaughhhhhh..."

In each case, though, he has a fitting amount of inflection. They can be extracted using the wc movie viewer.

Cop in horror movie? What horror movie has a cop in it?

Naismith was a jerk. But Anderson was cool.

Delance said:
The WCP Lt. Anderson doesn't care if Casey bites the dust, per game cut scene. What what the traitor comm, anyway?

Another interesting comm is given by Capt. Wilford if the Midway has to jump leaving fighters behind. He thanks them for their service.
werent two other dead pilots mentioned in that cutscene?

if people are dropping like flies you cant expect him to freak out over any particular loss, besides Blair or Princess

We never really saw the bridge of the TCS Lexington in WC4. What do you guys think it might look like? At first, I was thinking that it might look like the Victory's bridge, but the interior layout of the Lexington was totally different. Perhaps a cross between the Vesuvius and Victory bridges.

ChrisReid said:
I don't recall specific rude things he ever said or did.

I may just be interpreting this in my own way but it sounded rude when Naismith said: "Captain Paulsen passes on his congratulations." This may have been a genuine comment, but to me he seemed to emphasise the name "Paulsen" and it came across like he was reminding Blair that Paulsen had replaced his good friend Eisen.

luminon said:
I may just be interpreting this in my own way but it sounded rude when Naismith said: "Captain Paulsen passes on his congratulations." This may have been a genuine comment, but to me he seemed to emphasise the name "Paulsen" and it came across like he was reminding Blair that Paulsen had replaced his good friend Eisen.

I never liked Naismith. He was an arrogant jerk. I went with Eisen as soon as I was given the choice, and Naismith was one of the reasons. After WCIII, what choice did I have but to go with Maniac, Eisen, and Vagabond?

Back