Let's Talk About Feelies / Different Versions/Formats

Lex

Spaceman
I am not talking about my breasts.

I mean the old "make-me-buy-the-games", also known as LIVITS, as in, experience what you're playing. Remember The Hitch Hiker's Guide came with genuine Peril-Sensitive Sunglasses? This kind of thing. Is what I';m after.

So, what I want to know is:

What comes with each game? And each version? I'm looking at:

The Amiga version of WCI came with 3 blueprints; and the ships-manual.

WCIII came with a wallchart (which was nice)

etc.

What I want to know is, which came with which one? All of the feelies together, could I collect them all? This is especially important because I want to learn:

Special Thingies, such as; W Commander Prophecy came with a Starmap, but Gold Edition didn't; what came in the Kilrathi Saga version of all the games? ie, the wallchart from WCIII, was it in there? Were the goodies from the other games in there? Was their a calender or something else?

You get the idea.

I also want to ask, to your tech-heads out there; Which is the best "Wing Commander" Experience? ie, are there advantages to playing the Amiga version of Wing Commande 1 over the others? Which version of Wing Commander II is best, etc.

I know the PS1 Version of WCIII just doens't stand up compared to the PC version; but help with the others would be appreciated.

-Lex

Hmm... I don't think you understand how huge this list is... Luckily, Joe's Origin Museum lists most of them... There are a few obscure releases he doesn't have listed, but you won't really need to worry about those unless you get into the completely insane collecting.

Originally posted by Lex

I know the PS1 Version of WCIII just doens't stand up compared to the PC version; but help with the others would be appreciated.

-Lex

Except for the control layouts, I thought the PSX version was pretty descent...it had a lot of the cut out scenes in it that made the Hobbes situation understood.

Woo, my favorite topic. There are dozens/hundreds of different releases... anybody want to help me make a list? Gimme an IM (BanditLOAF).

I'll give you a hand in a bit in #wingnut...

Whatever happened to the product list you were making a year or two ago that you were asking everyone for UPCs for.

Do you have a Brazilian WCIV release? It's a rare translation to Brazilian Portuguese, which is slightly different from the one from Portugal.

Originally posted by TC
Hmm... I don't think you understand how huge this list is... Luckily, Joe's Origin Museum lists most of them... There are a few obscure releases he doesn't have listed, but you won't really need to worry about those unless you get into the completely insane collecting.

But Joe doesn't list every version of the game.. there are many dozens and dozens..

Originally posted by TC
Whatever happened to the product list you were making a year or two ago that you were asking everyone for UPCs for.

You don't understand.. LOAF likes researching the list. What would be the fun if there weren't more games to add to the list?

The Origin Museum's lists only contain versions of the games actually in the museum right now. Of course some parts may be incomplete...the museum site is still technically work in progress.

Originally posted by ChrisReid
But Joe doesn't list every version of the game.. there are many dozens and dozens..

Yeah, I know :( Stop ruining my attempt at not needing to do any work to answer a question.

Back