Let him die?

LOA--Deadman

Spaceman
Played WC4 over and over again and no matter what I do I can't keep Catscratch from listening to Maniack. Granted, I did save him the first time I played the game and do nearly every time I have to choose. Hey, I tried to tell him not to screw around but he just wouldn't listen.
Just wondering what you guys did when the time to choose between your conscience and duty.

I role-played. Blair's a boy scout, so I imagine he would've gone after the kid. :) Saved his sorry behind...

blair is soft where it counts. a proper pilot would complete the mission objectives, no matter the cost. catscratch knew the risks and all that. plus you get to see sosa get quite annoyed

i rescued him too.
anyone tried to rescue him but failed? i did when i crashed into him. his fault

I also save catscratch every time. But the whole game is about how you feel about it. Stay with the ones your loyal to, or do what's right (to defect. but then again, defection is the only option 'cos the lexington get's destroyed by those 4 avengers, whi apear out of nowhere. maybe pliers got the extra power he needed...). At the end part you have to be sharp, and don't let tolwyn f*k you.

WCIV is a game (besides flying en frying) that you have to make moral discisions.

If you don't kill the Longbow that is trying to tractor him in he kills himself.
He gives a little speach. You also hear it when you come back from your mission if you don't bother to go after him.

"What I do now is for the Union of Border Worlds, and Velliena Sosa." (or something like that)

I tried to tractor his ship all the way back to the Intrepid once after he ejected and I picked him up, but I was flying so slow no to loose his ship from my tractor lock, I assumed it'll take me hours to get back, and that in the end nothing new will happen.

Besides the times I want to get the "Admiral Blair" ending, I save him everytime. Catscrath was one of my fav WC characters, and I really hate the mission you have instead of saving him. Also, I think that if I myself were in that situation, I'd want someone to come and help ME out.

the way to get the "admiral" ending is.
a) stay on the lex.
b) go to the shipyards.
c) dont save catsrach.
d) flash ella.
e) dont tell everthing to the assembly.(you only need to tell about somethings, there are 3 dialoges, you only need 2 in order to win the vote, 2 of they are bioweapons, tell they more (GE project). the other one is attack tolwyn but i am not sure)

I save catscrath, go after the shipyards (like the bearcat) and dont flash Ella but I stay on the lex and dont tell everthing to the assembly, so I gess that you only need 3 of the above conditions to get that ending.

Admiral Ending for WC4

Actually all you have to do to get the Admiral/sinistar ending is to fry Ella. After that nothing else really matters, as long as you win.

Better to save a fellow pilot than to abandon him. The favor could be returned someday. I always saved Catscratch. Once I didnt, and although it is just a game, the FMV's in WCIV really made me feel like I was there. That one time I didnt save Catscratch, kinda felt bad. Then of course Sosa has her fits. So everytime I play WCIV, Catscratch will be saved.

RFBurns

"Prepare to be searched, maintain speed and course, no contraband detected, you may proceed" [militia, Privateer/RF]

You're all wrong... (G) The Admiral ending is based on three descisions --

a) Flashpacking Ella/Not flashpacking Ella
b) Going to Speradon/Going to Circe
c) "There's always Hope" / "We die trying", to Hawk & Panther.

Best two out of three wins.

Admiral ending

Or simply just screw up royally in the last FMV when you face Tolwyn. Simple and effective! :)

RFBurns

"Forget this meet happend, we got no problem!" [pirates, Privateer/RF]

Or simply just screw up royally in the last FMV when you face Tolwyn. Simple and effective!

RFBurns

That will bring disaster upon mankind, not make Blair Admiral. That's what everybody is talking about -- how to get the ending in which Blair becomes Admiral, with Hawk as his right-hand man.

Somewhat related question, perhaps should be posted in the Hobbes string though. Do you go after Hobbes or stay on the Victory after he kills Cobra? I always go after him, but Vaqueor always dies as a result. Just out of curiosity, does he survive if I don't? A

If you go after Hobbes, vaquero dies, if you stay on the Victory he does not.
So I stay on the Victory.(is bad to lose two wingman but three, no way)

Originally posted by Mao Tse Tung
...That will bring disaster upon mankind, not make Blair Admiral. That's what everybody is talking about -- how to get the ending in which Blair becomes Admiral, with Hawk as his right-hand man.

Ahh ok. I didnt think there was that kind of ending in WCIV. Interesting. :)

RFBurns

"Damn good move colnel" [Hawk, WCIV]

I agree with dragon, the first time I killed him in a quick and deadly attack, He betrayed me and I wanted Revenge, then I tryed without it and Vaquero lived so from then on I never went after him, I also save catscratch always but recently when in Circie I cant find him after the battle, his ship/him are stuck in the middle of nowhere where I can't see him because of the nebula

Yes, you see a vesuvius that was magical repaired by the elves, some Dragons Heavy Fighters, some Destroyers, a Carrier, some Arrows and some Hellcats.
you also see Space marchal Tolwyn in his chair on the Vesuvius looking like a madmen (as usual) ordering the attack.
Really nice, ofcouse that Blair was just executed but...

**SPOILER WARNING**

Does the ending change if you save Catscratch? The one time I went after him (picking up a signal buoy?) he gave his speech and plowed into a Banshee. This was after all the other ships at the waypoint have been iced. Can you save him? Does Blair still confront Tolwyn and then go flying the Banshee in the end? I've never saved Catscratch because I didn't think he could ever make it... though he does come with me if I defect the first chance I get.

Back