Leagacy of his old man...

A

AzrialX

You know...I knowt that Admiral Towlyne had a son and all...but I've always wondered how his son feals about his old man...is he proud of his dad or ashamed for what he did in the end??? And how that might have effected him personally...you know to be the son of a traitor and all...did he turn out fine or screwed up worse that his old man???

------------------
Call me a Pleb, you die!!! Got it fly boy?!?
Well do ya!?! Well punk!?! Because you know maybe, just maybe, when I'm flyin on your wing...my auto track could just mistake you for the Roach you are...got that...Ace!?! Sure you do...wouldn't want to get that nice squad jacket all mussed up now would we..?

Tolwyns wife and kids were killed in the early days of the war. He has a nephew named Kevin "Lone Wolf" Tolwyn that joined the space forces and was on the Tarawa when she went on the mission to Kilrah. Also Tolwyn mentions many times that he considered Bear as his son, and he was about the same age as his son would be right now.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

I doubt that "LoneWolf" (whoever he is
smile.gif
) would follow in Tolwyn's footsteps when it comes to insanity. After all, Tolwyn was dramatically altered by the war. Y'know, I didn't know he ever had a family. But if they were killed by the Kilrathi, that puts things into a whole new perspective, non? Come to think of it, Iceman also lost his family like that. And Iceman wasn't exactly sane either. He lived to kill. Yet, you don't see people wondering if Casey will turn out to be a murderous bastard...
Maybe because that's such a ridiculous thought
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, you didn't know Tolwyn had a family? You don't know who Lone Wolf is? Didn't you read the novels?

Death's Head- Um, Bear is one of the coolest characters in WC. And superiority complex? Where did you get that.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 24, 2000).]

Earthworm: Nope. I've never even seen any of the books. I just know they exist
smile.gif
Oh, and you have to forgive us, people who didn't read the books, for hating Bear. Yes, I also hate Bear. Remember, in SO 2 he was just some guy with a really bad AI. I don't know where that superiority complex thing came from though
smile.gif

Actualy it was SO1.
wink.gif
I think Bear was as bad as any other wingman. In the last mission in SO1 I always get shot at more by Hobbes than Bear, and before that you only fly one mission with him.

Can't you order the novels online somwhere? They are a great addition to the WC universe, and have a lot of background on what hapens in the games.
smile.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 24, 2000).]

SO 1? My mistake. I'll just go and commit Zu'kara now
smile.gif

Actually, Bear was exactly like the other pilots. That's because he used the Generic Pilot AI. He wasn't good enough to get his own AI even
smile.gif
Hobbes hardly ever hit me.

No need for that.
smile.gif
I'll spare your life for now you lowborn scum.
smile.gif
(j/k)

------------------
Gen. Patton

Earthworm: Be careful what you say, for you are a mere Paki.
smile.gif

Kalkrath: Should've left them out there in the cold
smile.gif

Tolwyn had a wife and two children -- but they were killed in the 48s in a Kilrathi attack.

As for his nephew, Kevin Tolwyn, he was sent to be a member of the FRLN by Geoff to keep him out of harms way during/following Wing 4. False Colors deals with this...

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

I think what really got to Tolwyn was when he lost Behemoth. He wanted so much to exact revenge on the Kilrathi for taking his family. I'm not certain if Tolwyn would've been satisfied if got to bomb Kilrah. I also think the Behemoth loss is what drove Tolwyn to stop believing in God, because in The Price of Freedom, he says "in 15 generations, your descendents will be like gods to us".
Now the guy who plays Malcolm McDowell in WC3, he has two children (daughter and son) and a wife. Weird. Very realistic game.

Back