Launch tubes on tigers claw

Yes LOAF is surly right not to invent things which might be but we have no proof of it, it was just a thought I had to explain this useless (maybe storage area?) wings and the rather bad carrier abilities of the confederation class dreadnought, nevertheless very cool looking pics 6+7!!! (never suspecetd such a fast art reply :D )

Well I think I read something about the concordias beeing cheaper and more easily mass produced as a reason why this design survived during the whole war on the Fleet Tactics site from psych and jibbo and altough i do not not how offical this site is, it seems that all ship histories are well thought out and very logical. And I hope you agree LOAF that the fact that the concordia-carrier-design survives the whole war (if its true that this is a pre-war design) where the more superior Bengals (or Confederation-classes because even without PTC they are surley the more sophisticated design) arent produced during the whole war leaves at least a bit room for speculation that they are either more cost or more time intensive (or both) to build. (altough there could be other reasons I am not aware of, as i said just speculation ;) )

Probably, but as I said, I haven't taken the time to scale one to the other yet. For the most part, it's a guestimate based on what I recall of the proportions between the two ships during the launch and landing animations in the game, which doesn't necessarily jive with the numbers we're given in the various itterations of the manual.

Wow, in the launch cutsecene the Broadsword is a LOT bigger than that, but anyway the models are pretty

Well I think I read something about the concordias beeing cheaper and more easily mass produced as a reason why this design survived during the whole war on the Fleet Tactics site from psych and jibbo and altough i do not not how offical this site is, it seems that all ship histories are well thought out and very logical. And I hope you agree LOAF that the fact that the concordia-carrier-design survives the whole war (if its true that this is a pre-war design) where the more superior Bengals (or Confederation-classes because even without PTC they are surley the more sophisticated design) arent produced during the whole war leaves at least a bit room for speculation that they are either more cost or more time intensive (or both) to build. (altough there could be other reasons I am not aware of, as i said just speculation )

A good deal of the information in Fleet Tactics is information created to flesh out the site and not anything officially established about the Wing Commander universe.

We really don't know which sort of ship is more common or more expensive - Bengals were also produced for a very long time (2619 to 2657). We have a rough idea that there were five yards building Bengals and eight building Concordias -- and that's all we really know about carrier production.

Back