Lamprey

Joker057

Spaceman
For the life of me I can't comprehend the usefulness of this ship. What's the point of this ugly target? All I can tell is that it adds another target to kill. I don't think I have ever even been hit by one of these things. Any answers???

Hehehe

The Lamprey was supposed to mount a "Shield Killer Cannon", which would disable your fighters shields when it hits you.

Like a lot of the 'special' weapons in Prophecy, the shield killer cannon ended up being a dead end... so the actual finished product left the Lamprey a useless target of a ship.

I think the gun does a tiny amount of damage (12.5 units, according to the gun chart)... so you can't just let it sit there.

Shouldn't effect capital ships at all.

Shipgate said:
I don't know. I've taken some pretty good damage from a wing of Lampreys.

That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.

(12.5 units is less damage than a single laser cannon does.)

They crashed at me a lot, because they couldn't just turn... The weapons are useless. The squid is a lot more dangerous, in the "strange fighter" department.

I don't find the bug ships ugly.

I think all of them except the Manta and the Manta Ray are very ugly and primitive. Not much of creativity... unlike the original WC stuff.

that is crazy. The alien ships in WCP are top notch in design, even if they don't conform to traditional human aestethical considerations. Which is why they are so great. They LOOK alien. They are organic...

No, they are angular. Thats not organic. Ok, i like the capship in the cutscenes. But the whole thing looks soooooo cheap. Look around the net for sci-fi drawings, and you'll find a bunch of beutifull Nephilim looking stuff.... ah, if you like it then why am i trying... :D

The ship designs seem pretty rounded to me.

... and they certainly had a big name behind them.

okay...lets take a minute to think about this. fully rounded, organic looking curves require a lot of polys. why? thats the nature of a curve. now, multiply an insanely organic, fully curved true to form model by a couple dozen. at the time, it would have killed your computer. this was also before normal mapping, and well....back in the stone ages when game models could have no more than 1000 polys per. they're as rounded as they can be. the organic shape is very nice, probably the nicest set of organic looking ships i've seen in a series.

Brad Mick

Shipgate said:
Lampreys? Oh right. I thought we were talking about Devil Rays.

I thought we were talking about the guy that calls fights on HBO with the always-liquored-up Larry Merchant.

Back