Kitty Litters ???

Joker057

Spaceman
I was just wondering if the Kilrathi had multiple children at birth you know like cats here on Earth. Do they have up to six kittens per litter or do they have one at a time and sometimes twins? If they do have up to six per litter they would have a significant numerical advantage as opposed to us lowly apes. And that would explain the extreme numerical advantage at the Battle of McAuf ( forget how to spell that) as well all throughout WC1 & WC2. And perhaps it would be the explination why the Dralthi would be an accepted ship design based on saftey in numbers. Just a few thoughts.

Well, I think it was mentioned somwhere that Thrakhath had a bunch of kids, daughters I think. And in WC2, the Emperor threatens that if Thrakhath fails, he'll be replaced as the heir to the throne by one of his many cousins, or something to that effect. So, yeah, I think Kilrathi women are spitting kittens out like a Pez dispenser. Eh, sorry for that simile...

But LOAF you aren't addressing my question you mearly corrected Dralthi. What is your take on Kilrathi reproduction?

Joker057 said:
But LOAF you aren't addressing my question you mearly corrected Dralthi. What is your take on Kilrathi reproduction?

I figured I addressed it in a round-a-bout manner - from what we've seen, the Kilrathi bear only a single offspring at a time.

ONe thing i can think of is that the many times you see Kilrathi females (ie Sivar Ceremony, The Emperors mother) they only have one set of knockers as opposed to three or four like Earth felines giving credit to LOAFs theory.

So then that perhaps implies the ability to have several offspring in one jestation cycle. Maybe Thrakath has weak sperm form all of his exposure to secret Kilrathi weapons technology. Gamma waves and other forms of radiation can severly affect chromosomal construction of ones zygotes. I should know all of my staff NCOs in the marines had daughters because thier Y chromosomes were either damaged or destroyed by constant exposure to the high power radar for the HAWK system.

Though I tend to *like* the idea that Kilrathi have litters, all the Kilrathi families that we see have a single child (Jukaga, for instance) or children of varying ages (Thrakhath has one older brother, the furball in Voices of War had a 'youngest' son)...

Okay, so I was wrong. I figured as much. But the thought of Kilrathi sex life isn't appealing, so I'll move on.

Perhaps the six breasts of the Kilrathi Priestess in SM2 had something to do with her religious status. Perhaps their Priestesses have implants to signify the abundant provision of thier god(s).

Or, maybe the Kilrathi males like breasts just as much as human males do, and a Kilrathi female with extra breasts tacked on is errotic to them :p

I think it's stated clearly that Thrakhath is an exceptional case when it comes to being able to bear young. As hard as he tries (what a job), he can't seem to get healthy children from any of his harem. Also, the fact that his offspring is a sickly daughter is probably somewhat akin to Henry VIII's problems with heirs--the presence of an X or Y chromosome in sperm determines the sex of a child (so it was Henry's fault that he couldn't get a son, and chopping off his wives' heads was pointless).

Now, obviously we don't know if Kilrathi had a sexual reproduction even remotely resembling our own, but I think what Forstchen was trying to imply holds true: it was Thrakhath's fault that he couldn't bear robust children. It's also hinted that the imperial blood line had grown weak (although whether or not this was just on Kilrathi superstition, or whether it was based in genetic fact, is an open question).

I personally got the impression that Kilrathi bore litters, but I'll have to go back through the source material and see if there's any justification for that. After all, the Kilrathi presumably have large families, as we know that Thrakhath had a lot of relatives to take his place if he ever failed the emperor.

Geebot: In that quote you had about only one sickly daughter, note that earlier up in that paragraph it states that he should've borne many litters by now, the way his Grandfather had. Only one member of a litter survived, and that was the sickly daughter.

This thread gives Maniac's line "More kitty littler, I'm hot today" a whole new meaning.

In fact, when I read this, I thught it was about a different kind of litter. I wasn't aware of this other meaning.

So where do Kilrathi sleep and do their stuff? Do they use an absorbent material, such as granulated clay, for covering the floor of their rooms?

And now google presents you KITTY LITTER CAKE. I suggest this become the official LMG cake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. There were a number of naked or scantily clad Kilrathi females, and Blair was given a Kilrathi concubine with which to spend the night.

In the book, it said that she had "very specific ideas" about where she should sleep. I wonder if that meant that he hit it, or didn't.

There are images of Kilrathi female on SM2. Pristess of Sivar, which also show up on WCA. One of them is Thrakkath's sister or something (?).

No, Blair did not "hit it" with the Kilrathi... Eww!

DeLance, I don't recall them ever specifically saying it was his sister. But I think it was another relative, or am I wrong on this one?

Back