Kilrathi Saga on widescreen monitor

Lunitari

Spaceman
I just bought a new widescreen monitor, and WC and WC 2 are not running so well. It occoured to me that these old games are running in like 320x200, and so when the image gets stretched it cuts the entire top of the cockpit off. Is there something I can do to get the full image?

With dosbox regular WC 1 and 2 can be upscaled but I'm not sure about Kilrathi saga. Maybe theres a special mode the monitor can be switched to manually for displaying low resolutions. Try the monitors own menu and see what you come up with. Alternately, You could always just run the game in a window. You could right click the executable and choose to run the game windowed or try hitting alt-enter when the game is running... but I've heard that may not actually work.

your monitor doesn't have an auto-orient button? These are used to automatically adjust the vertical and horizontal size and positioning on LCD monitors.

It depends on the monitor, the display adaptor you have, and how it's connected (D-sub or DVI).

I know some LCD monitors will auto-magically insist on stretching the image no matter what you try.

Another place to check is your Display adaptor settings. There might be some options available to do fixed aspect ratio scaling.

Back