Kilrathi Insignia

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
Hello everyone, I've been playing around with graphics again.

I made a SVG (a tiny 10 KiB!) of the Kilrathi insignia from Wing Commander III: I think I have been quite faithful to the design as it appears in the Warbirds document from WC3, but I appreciate comments and constructive feedback all the same.

Thanks, friends.

I uploaded the source, should people wish to use it in projects, etc. You can see how tiny the file is. :) This way you can alter the colours to whatever you want or just have access to the shape if that's all that's required.

Looks very good. Nice thing about SVG is that it can be up/downscaled without any loss of detail.

What program are you using that in? Paintshop Pro is telling me it's not a valid .svg file.

Uh, Inkscape? What is it complaining about? Firefox and GIMP can open it just fine as well...

Edit: ...and which file are you looking at when you got that error?

Here is a file I found somewhere. Maybe the backup file Capt Johnny posted a long time ago.

Attachments

• wildcatnew-kilrathi.jpg
    wildcatnew-kilrathi.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 150
That was the image that actually inspired me to have my own go at the emblem. The problem is that the image is mirrored, but you can't do a simple flip because of the shadows, which don't look quite right upside-down. Also, the shapes aren't quite the same as the ones in the WC3 Warbirds, which I used as a base.

Used as a texture, or something similar? Sorry, no, that's not something I'm really skilled at.

BTW, if anyone wants a logo or something similar converted to vector, do say so and I could give it a try.

It took me a while to find it again, but the source is from this news update. In all honesty, I can't recall why I chose to flip the image and make the red a darker, more blood-like shade. Creative licence, perhaps?

If I recall correctly, I had a go at the Wolf Pack squadron logo too, but with all the curves involved, it didn't turn out as well as the others. The fact that the source image has JPEG compression artefacts didn't help either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back