Kilrathi game?

Does the casual gamer, you know, the people you're trying to sell games to, actually give a shit who or what they're supposed to be as long as it has stunning graphics, great action, and awesome gameplay? I'm sure all the kids would love to bio-bomb earth into oblivion and shoot down orphan-ships for the right x-box achievements.

Besides, being baaad in games is fun. Like those moments in the GTA's when you got a 4-5 star wanted level and find yourself in the middle of the road desperately unloading clip after clip into police and bystanders indiscriminately trying earn a few extra seconds to escape to safety. You're definitely not a hero, but it's amazingly intense and fun.

In Starsiege's Cybrid campaign you kill all the good guys and bring humanity to extinction... and suck people's brains out. It's still totally awesome.

Also, force choke shouldn't be evil. It totally brings joy into people's lives. Seriously though, lightninging at people isn't nice. Get over it. :p

Ha, yeah, as nice as I am and as hard a time I have being mean in games, playing as the cybrids was amazingly fun.

You're all talking about KotOR and StarCraft and such... but we already *have* games with the /option/ to fly as a Kilrathi (Armada, Arena). There's no game design taboo there.

You're all talking about KotOR and StarCraft and such... but we already *have* games with the /option/ to fly as a Kilrathi (Armada, Arena). There's no game design taboo there.

Playing a multi-player match in their ship, with a paw instead of a hand on the stick in Armada, isn't the same as a full, kill humanity campaign from their perspective.

Wow, you did? I thought the gauntlets ended only with the destruction of the enemy carrier. Never got past level 5, personally.

I think the blowing-up-planets-wins were in the sector-by-sector "Strategic Campaign"-thingie.

You could never explore their side, as in a way TIE figher did. It was a great game, and gave you more inside on their side, but you can fit a lot of more text in books then you could in a few cutscenes at that time... they had a LOT more background known to the common public.

fighting down an enemy in a game that turns out to be "you" in a game(as in humans) unnanounced would create shock and awe, who ever finished ultima 6 anyway?

Some folks have commented that they wouldn't want to fly Kilrathi craft against Confed. Well, yeah. It's hard. So is Standoff. And Standoff is fun because it's so hard. I think having to learn to press every edge you could to make the Dralthi match up would be fun

In WC3, the best Kilrathi pilots got to fly significantly improved versions of the usual ships. Fireclaw (Dralthi) and Stalker (Strakha) both use weapons which look like particle cannons, for example, that their ships would not ordinarily have. So you could justify making a game from a Kilrathi standpoint where you got to fly some decent ships.

This era would be my favourite to play. I'd love to fly a fighter like the Strakha - a stealth fighter which relies on stealth to be effective - which we have never yet had.

In WC3, the best Kilrathi pilots got to fly significantly improved versions of the usual ships. Fireclaw (Dralthi) and Stalker (Strakha) both use weapons which look like particle cannons, for example, that their ships would not ordinarily have. So you could justify making a game from a Kilrathi standpoint where you got to fly some decent ships.

This era would be my favourite to play. I'd love to fly a fighter like the Strakha - a stealth fighter which relies on stealth to be effective - which we have never yet had.

It doesn't exactly have to be like the old games. It could well be a RTS.

There was a minor plot to the Gauntlet mode at the end of which you blow up each Race's respective homeworlds.

Wow, you did? I thought the gauntlets ended only with the destruction of the enemy carrier. Never got past level 5, personally.

I think the blowing-up-planets-wins were in the sector-by-sector "Strategic Campaign"-thingie.
Gauntlets ended in the opposing side's carrier being destroyed.

A short animation of a planet being destroyed does show at the end of a sector campaign, but I am sure that it is quite unclear as to what the victim planet is supposed to be.

I'd love to see a game from the Kilrathi point of view. I'd certainly play it, even if it had the player destroying convoys and hospital ships in some missions. As long as there was a good storyline and a bit of immersion into the Kilrathi character. I for one loved TIE Fighter, and while I do get your arguments, I, as a gamer, wouldn't mind playing for the Kilrathi.

Back