kilrathi fleet post war.

why did the kilrathi have to disband there fleet, it seems to me that tyehy could of kept it and used it to help the confederation fight the nephilium would like your thoughts as to why confed would want them to disband it? especially after the fact that it was said that a kilrathi without a homeworld is not a kilrathi and would not fight

So... you think the Kilrathi should have a fleet to fight with, since "it's not as if they could fight" with it? The logic is...?

(The Kilrathi lost the war -- the required disbanding of their fleet is an allusion to the Treaty of Versailles...)

why not? there fleet would have been obselete anyway confed would wipe the kilrathi fleet they should have at least left a few cruisers destroyers and carriers just for defence

Bandit LOAF said:
The Kilrathi lost the war -- the required disbanding of their fleet is an allusion to the Treaty of Versailles...

Or an allusion to how Japan was disarmed after WW2.

Lord_Nathrakh said:
why not? there fleet would have been obselete anyway confed would wipe the kilrathi fleet they should have at least left a few cruisers destroyers and carriers just for defence
The Kilrathi had been winning the war. The forces they had on the frontlines probably still outnumbered the Confed forces. And it wasn't the Kilrathi that had been forced to bring obsolete ships back on-line just to stay alive. The peace treaty was most likely the only way Confed actually could defeat the Kilrathi military at that point in time. Furthermore, consider what Confed knows about the Kilrathi - they had destroyed every other race they had come into contact with. Confed has just spent 35 years fighting them, and only barely managed to win. Why not leave their forces standing? The question isn't "why not", the question is "why".

In addition, the majority of the Kilrathi Fleet was destroyed over Kilrah when Blair T-bombed it. Thrakhath was gathering pretty much all of his eggs in one basket, to prepare for the second attack against Earth, then the majority of them got nuked...

Lord_Nathrakh said:

That, and let's try to remember how much of a problem Confed had against the Neph, one could argue the points of their technology being superior (or at least equal to) Confed's. So if we could easily wipe the Kilrathi....(which happened when they fought, the Kilrathi Cult was doing...ok I guess, but not fantastic.)

~And yes, I am not dead, just prefer to sit on the sidelines a lot and read what you all are talking about.

Besides, the Nephilim didn't show up for over a decade after the War's end. Nobody knew they were coming. And it would make no sense to let a conquered people kept their warships.

Lord_Nathrakh said:
why did the kilrathi have to disband there fleet, it seems to me that tyehy could of kept it and used it to help the confederation fight the nephilium would like your thoughts as to why confed would want them to disband it? especially after the fact that it was said that a kilrathi without a homeworld is not a kilrathi and would not fight
One mortal enemy at a time! :) Yes the Confederation could have used a War era Kilrathi fleet in battling the Nephilim, but we didn't even know about the bugs until 12 years following the end of the War. As Quatro said, the Kilrathi have been beating us up pretty badly and, even with the loss of the majority of their fleet in the T-bomb explosion, a sizable portion of it would still remain. As False Colors showed, clan lords could rally a pretty good fleet (2 years after the War?) that would do alot of damage to Confederation assets. So disarmament of the Kilrathi was a good idea at a time. . . just something I bet Confed will be partially regretting once the Nephilim come in force.

Edit: Looks like ChanceKell and I think alike, and at roughly the same time :)

C-ya

I wonder what had happened to Murragh by Prophecy . . . think he was still around? Or, even Emperor? I still loved Bear's surprise when he discovered he'd eaten breakfast with the rightful heir to the throne.

It's doubtful he's emporer, unless the position got horribly raped. The Kilrathi are no longer an Empire, but rather an Assembly of Clans.

I also have a little question...how late into the war did Blair join up? Because I have no idea how old he is when he becomes bug food.

Blair graduated flight school in 2654... he was born in 2630, which means he was just over fifty when he was killed in WCP.

hmmm but thats just the thing though......because the kilrathi fleet above kilrah got nuked would 1 not expect that the federation could just keep a peace keeping force type thing through there space? as well as let what few kilrathi ships stil exsist.

i mean besideds a good portion of there shipyards were above tehre home planet anyway so they have a very diminished ship building ability the confederation dont they could have built both of the vesuviouse carriers the midways the plunketts vamps u name it and the kilrahti woulkdnt have stoood a chance especially if they had the flash pack as a little reminder to whos in charge.

would u really go to warwith a race that can unclock, drop a flashpack then recloack all without beingn targeted, besides with the kilrathis involvments they may have really driven back the nephelium, why couldnt the federation help them build cap ships anyway like they do with there fighters? keep them at roughly equiv tech level as they were but only build a certain amout as to not threaten the TCN

Your bunching up too much 'history' into one place in time :(. This is directly after the Kilrathi War. Confed is on the ropes, being held at bay (or beaten) by what is not in orbit around Kilrah amassing for the attack on Earth. Flashpacks and Vesuvius class carriers aren't around yet, neither are Vampires, we are barely hanging on at this point - as Tolwyn said, defeat in less than 6 months. All this and you want to let a race of people whos home planet you've just nuked and whos leadership is in turmoil run free next door with just as much armament as you? No thank you.
Liken this to what would have happened if Hitler had succeeded in gaining control of most of Europe. Say that happens and then you fight the axis powers for 35 years until finally, the allies get in a sucker punch and hit a stronghold housing Hitler, all of his top politicos, advisors, and leaders and a top notch battle group. Would the allies just drop their guns and go home, just saying" we beat them, they won't fight back"? No, we would have to disarm the standing army first, before the job was done. You have to take away an enemies ability to fight before you have truely defeated him.

C-ya

hitler was also different alot of his ppl didnt want to fight, and only did so for fear of death by his own ppl.

but i get your point still with as melek or thrakath said "never befor has a fleet of this size and power been assembled" i mean if u destroy that fleet with there homeworld then there gonna think u still have more of these weapons especially as hobbes cant give them anymore info to disclaim it.

when and enemy like that has lost say......1/2 its warring power then there really wasnt much the TC coundt have enforced, remember the fleet of TC ships they had assembled? they send those into there sapace as a reminder to who won the war, there would be know way they would try a stunt especialyl with half there fleet destroyed.

the confederation could have left them with a few ships and not just transports and fighters

Lord_Nathrakh said:
when and enemy like that has lost say......1/2 its warring power then there really wasnt much the TC coundt have enforced, remember the fleet of TC ships they had assembled? they send those into there sapace as a reminder to who won the war, there would be know way they would try a stunt especialyl with half there fleet destroyed.
Yeah, Confed had gathered most of its fleet for the final offensive to get the Victory close enough to allow Blair to jump into Kilrah. And this fleet, according to the WC3 novel, was getting beaten back by the Kilrathi - that's without the support of the fleet gathered in orbit of Kilrah.

What are you talking about? He *told* you how he knows it -- it's from the novel. If you have some specific reason to believe this fact (or any others, I'm up for that) is wrong, I'm sure we can debate it.

What novels have been proven wrong? The only thing wrong with the novels are the game adaptations, and that's because the books are written for the most part before the game movies were made, even before the cast was hired, bringing some inconsistances to small details. The books also expand on the story, giving the stories more realism by putting the characters in broader experiences, instead of having every single chapter a fighter battle.

Anyways, don't think that the entire fleet was destroyed at Kilrah. Granted, it was huge, but the Kilrathi were building up a fleet for years well behind the front lines. The same fleet we see destroyed is the same fleet we see destroy Earth on the loosing streak of the game. That does not mean it was the entire fleet, there were still fleets in defensive and offensive action all across the galaxy. It was commented that the Kilrathi would still win the war even though their home planet was destroyed with all the power they have, that comment was countered with the fact that the destruction of their home would be a great moral loss. The destruction of the fleet probably evened the odds between the Confederacy and Empire. If not for the surrender, the war would have waged on for years to come.

Although the major warships were scrapped at the end of the war, individual clans and warlords kept their ships. Although they weren't a direct threat to the Confederation, there were numerous border conflicts following the surrender.

Back