Just watched WC IV movie :)

ChrisH

Spaceman
Just downloaded it from the CIC, wasn't going to watch it tonight but I couldn't resist. The reason was because I was watching an old episode of SeaQuest today that had Mark Hamil in it, and I had a dreamy sigh about Wing Commander... don't have the CD's with me at the moment, but remembered some guy years ago was making a movie length edition of it with it all put together.

Anyway. So I watched it, brought back some fond memories. Such an amazing game. Played that game so many times. Love it so much. Going to have to buy 1 + 2 from GOG, even though I have Kilrathi Saga. And I keep thinking about that interview with Chris where he said he'd like to do another Wing Commander, how awesome one made today would be... dreamy sigh...

Also, were there ever any collections put together of Prophecy making a long coherent movie based version of it? I only ever played that once or twice, and it'd be nice to have a watch of it.

There isn't a WCP version, but there Qeeg did do one for WC3 that is available as well. It's here in the Holovids section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah! I might watch that tonight! Thanks for the reminder :D

Has just nobody ever done a Prophecy version? Or is it just that there isn't one listed on the CiC? I'd put one together if no one else has, but I wouldn't like to waste my time if it's already been done.

As far as I know, no one has ever done a Prophecy version--we do have the DVD-quality videos available for download if you want to give it a shot!

(Probably the issue is that so much more of Prophecy's story happens in the cockpit rather than in the videos... so it would take more effort.)

Yeah I thought that might be an issue.

Picked up my Prophecy discs from my bro's house the other night, and I've downloaded the hi-res videos so I'm going to have a look at it.Are the in flight communications videos able be extracted to be extracted at all?

Back