Just Purchased: WC I-IV - Complete Original Set

zombi

Ensign
Hello everyone,

I'm new to these forums, but I thought I'd take a second to share with you a purchase that I made today at a local Thrift Store. I stumbled upon Wing Commander 1 through 4. The boxes are opened, but are in great shape. All of the discs, manuals, and inserts are included with each game.

I'm somewhat new to the WC series, but I've been a PC gamer all of my life. Back when the WC series had it's debut, I was more interested in first person shooters.

If I may ask though, is this a good find?

Thanks.

wc_set.jpg

wc1.jpg

wc2.jpg

wc3.jpg

wc4.jpg

It's a very nice collection. Did WC1 & 2 also include their expansions? (Two each)

As time goes by it becomes rarer to find original boxes with all the innards and in such good condition. They've been out of print forever now. Can't give a guess on value. It depends on how badly someone else wants it. I still remember when good condition Kilrathi Saga sets sold for more than two years' worth of allowance.

It looks like all of those are in very good condition for a thrift store. Those are all "valuable" in that the Wing Commander games are not currently produced and there's still plenty of people that want them. That being said, all of those games were also produced in large numbers, so there's no real shortage either. The games usually go for $10-30 each depending on how nice and complete they are.

That's an awesome find for a thrift store! Even at $10 for each game, you still would mostly come out ahead instead of using eBay auctions.

Back