Is there a way to swap components between the ships in your fleet?

Peter1x9

Spaceman
I have a Centurion and a Demon and i'd like to be able to swap components between them. Is there a way to do this?

[Spoiler alert: don't read below unless you want info on part of the campaign.]

Specifically, i'm about to get the steltek gun and would like to try it with both of my ships. I've completed the first three exploratory service missions and would like to know if I can do this, or if i'm committed to it being on one ship permanently.

swap components by selling off components from one ship, then switch to your other ship, and buy the component back.

--Brandon Young

I believe there's support for a "My Stash / Equipment" feature (which would facilitate that) in Vegastrike's engine, but it's not implemented here yet. Don't quote me on it, though.

Here's another little hint: If you have good equipment, change it at a base that doesn't sell what you have. Equipment parts that are not sold at a bae are rebuyable at 5 credits euch. Consider it to be your transfer fee.

Actually, I beleive it's free (i.e when you sell you get 5 credits, then you buy it back for 5 credits).

Lazy Panda said:
Here's another little hint: If you have good equipment, change it at a base that doesn't sell what you have. Equipment parts that are not sold at a bae are rebuyable at 5 credits euch. Consider it to be your transfer fee.

I also believe you get full price when you sell it. Every time. (Woohoo, free money!)

I don't think so (but I could be wrong). I think that if the base on which yu are selling doesn't stock a particular item, you sell it for 0 credits.

I know for a fact it happened once, when I was selling the Tachyon Guns on my Demon at New Detroit. I'll confirm it now.

*a few minutes later*

Confirmed. I sold one Tachyon Gun at ND, then bought it back. Selling it got me 10,000 (normal sell price) and it only cost me 10 to buy back. I could be wrong, but I think this only happens when that specific type of equipment (in this case, Milspec Guns) isn't sold there.

Back