Iraq or N. Korea? Or neither?

Who should America strike first, Iraq, N. Korea, or niether?

• Iraq

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • North Korea

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Who cares? They'll just end up bombing Canadians again anyway.

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by WildWeasel
Well, it's nice that all of you have such formed opinions, but the people have spoken. Canada, here we come.

LMAO, I swear you, 'aught to be looking for a carrier in comedy, almost all your posts are good! ROCK ON MAN!!!

Originally posted by Maniac II
LMAO, I swear you, 'aught to be looking for a carrier in comedy, almost all your posts are good! ROCK ON MAN!!!

WW in comedy...HAHAHAHA

Originally posted by Skyfire
I'd tend to see things such as that as flawed, when Bush tells the UN that he would be more than happy to pull our people out of peacekeeping missions, and they nearly shit themselves. I doubt our influence/effort is so limited, else they would-in your case-have MANY people more willing to assist others. But I don't disagree with those facts-however, that was supposed to be a trumped up exaggerated number-maybe I'll clarify that next time.

Pardon me? How can you see hard numbers that refute what you're saying as flawed?

Originally posted by WildWeasel
Well, it's nice that all of you have such formed opinions, but the people have spoken. Canada, here we come.

We could take you!

Originally posted by Quarto
You couldn't possibly be more wrong. Historically, Jews and Muslims have always gotten along better than either Jews and Christians or Muslims and Christians. This "traditional hatred" between Jews and Muslims is something that has only come into existence during the last century, when they found themselves squabbling over the same tiny piece of land.

I uhh... I meant to say decades! Yes that's it...

*runs!*

:D

Originally posted by Napoleon
Iran being in the axis of evil is by far the most ignorant statement anyone who repeats it has or will ever make. My father was born there, and was kicked out when the shah lost power because of his connections to the government, but i know whats going on there, and i can say that there is no reason to attack iran. period.

so you know for a fact that they didn't support terrorism when there is proof that they have in the past support terrorist attacks against the US.

OF COURSE the public should know whats going on, they want our support for something why the hell should we trust bush?

the public isn't trained in operational security. if the public is to know EVERYTHING, they must first be trained in opsec, and that will never happen and even if it did, it would just be cause for more shouting of "facisit gov"

why wouldnt they? they want a weapon to defend themsevles from the imperialist aggression of the united states, and they want heat, best of both worlds, right there.

right. if anyone is having a case of aggression, it is the N. Koreans. 'give us what we want or we will use our nukes' is basically what they are saying. since the Korean war is still on, and the US hasn't done anything since the 50's, it's a pretty good bet that we weren't gonna do anything to them

Yes we havent declared war in the past half century THAT IS MY ENTIRE POINT. Not declaring war is an end run around the constitution and from my end is illegal.

well, congress ,and, more importantly, the supreme court doesn't think it is illegal, so i guess it isn't illegal

The UN: it is an organization that historically has been the tool of the united states, but more importnatly it is there to prevent any nation from being a big bully and unilaterally doing anything that is stupid. My fellow americans are upset because this time it is us who they are trying to stop from bullying the world around.

all the UN is doing is being a royal pain in the ass to anyone who thinks differently than it does. the US thinks that following through on what is says (the resolutions against iraq) is right and good. the UN doesn't. the UN is a worthless piece of shit organization that should never have been made. that's what the UN is

NO you check out your history about WW2, long term our fighting it did NOT help the economy, that is a myth of epic proportions. What did help the economy was that we had to bail out all the western european countries after the fact, the marshall plan was the single most brilliant attempt to help out the us economy, and it worked brilliantly.

so the jobs that the war provided didn't help the economy? why did we have to bail out europe? WW2. and the marshall plan's main goal was to help europe recover FROM WW2, not the US economy.

Aries southern honor of the 19th century, thats the same honor that defended slavery right? thats the same honor that oppressed, enslaved, raped, and murdered an entire race for two hundred years, right? Thats the same honor that lynched and terrorised an entire race for a century after the end of the civil war, right?

for a the small percentage of southerners who owned slaves, yes it is the same honor. for the majority who didn't, it wasn't the same honor. and those who after the civil war didn't wake up and see that the times had changed, well, they had no honor. this will probably shock you, but the civil war wasn't about slavery. it was about states rights. the focus only shifted to slavery when lincoln freed the slaves in the southern states to prevent france and england entering the war. i'm sure you will twist this around to fit your own purposes, so i'll just say draw your own conclusions from this, but read it carefully

Good god man, no one in the south wanted the south vietnamese government, it was corrupt and only existed because the US proped it up constantly, dont you remember back then that south vietnamese monks would cover themselves with gasoline and light themselves on fire in protest of us supporting their government and their government existing at all? No one wanted us there except the small elite group who were the patsys of us and the s. vietnamese government. The N. Vietnamese didnt kill s.vietnamese, the US did. WE bombed S. Vietnam more than N. Vietnam. We killed more s.vietnamese citizens than northers (because of the vietcong being all s. vietnamese)

really. my 10th grade geography teacher (who, BTW, was from south vietnam and who quite clearly remembers getting shot at by the N. vietnamese, even though he was just trying to get away like the rest of his family) always said the monks burned themselves in protest of the war, not the gov. and if no one wanted us there and the N. vietnamese didn't kill anyone, how come many S. vietnamese wanted to get away to the US and many of those who didn't were jailed and some executed. also, if no one wanted us there, how come many of the native tribespeople of vietnam helped us even more than the south vietnamese. and the VC, even though being south vietnamese, were enemies of south vietnam, and as such shouldn't be counted in the death toll of south vietnamese citizens. and we bombed s. vietnam more than n. vietnam because that is where the fighting was.

My views on the american revolution in so far as its relation to france and england are not my own only, they are those of several rather well respected historian dudes, Look up the essay "L'etat c'est moi" by Phillipe Erlanger

well, the fall of the french monarchy was probably one of the best things that happend to the french people. what happened immediatly after the fall of the monarchy was a small group of zelots got control of the gov. the american revolution had no bering on those zelots taking over. as for the br. monarchy, i'm just wondering how you got that our revolution retained the monarchy, when it really lead to greater parliment control?

Yes more soldiers would have died had we invaded (i still maintain we wouldnt have needed to) but the fact is that their would have been fewer civilian casulties, and even if there were more, sometimes it matters how people die and why. Targeting the civilians as the primary target is the lowest form of attempting to make war, I would even claim it was a form of genocide. I would argue that the intent is as important as the crime, something that the Nuremberg trials agree with me on, the intent behind killing the 6 million people was just as important as the killing of them, since many more died as soldiers in the war.

we would have had to invade without the a-bomb. it is as simple as that. those were the only two ways to make japan surrender unconditionally, which is the only way they could have. more civilians would have died as a result of any invasion. and the intent of truman was to save lives and make the japanese surrender. that was his intent. did this happen, yes. did we have to invade and add a couple more million to the killboard of WW2, no. simple as that

Im glad you dont want to become a baby killer and murderer (in relation to joining the military aries) but the better reason is so that you dont become a murderer. (yes all soldiers who see combat and kill anyone are murderers)

where did you get baby killer and murderer? soldiers arn't murderers unless they kill non-combatants. when soldiers kill other soldiers IN COMBAT, it isn't murder. if put into a court of law, the verdict would be not guilty becasue it would be self defense. if i don't kill him, he sure as hell will kill me. simple as that.

calm down. your libel to get banned yourself for stuff like that. don't get me wrong, it pisses me off too, for my father is in the army, one of my uncles was in the navy, both my grandfathers were in the navy and their brothers were in the army and none of them shot babies or killed innocent people, which murder is. but remember, you can't blame people for believing the propoganda that the peace loving people of north vietnam put out during the war :rolleyes: after all, the US is inheriantly immoral and an uncivilized country :rolleyes: (that last part is dripping with scarcasim if you don't get it)

and it was from napoleon

ya i got it. i guess people have a right to their own opinoin. If i dont post again after, you'll know why.... since it isnt my first offence, its my second. And you wanna know what tops it off... They're both from today. Like i said maybe i struck a gold mine... or maybe just trouble's door :(

<Sniff sniff> What's that smell? Only one thing in the universe can smell that bad. Plebe. And its coming from Maniac II!

you cut me real deep right there Leha, real deep. Nah not really just kinda bites that you used my role model's own insult against me...ouch!:(

Tell your dad that one of your message board buddies appreciates his service to his country.

I have great admiration for those who make the commitment to their country to put on the uniform and stand in harms way. However i have no tolerance for those who are willing to send those individuals into a situation where they will die-for motives that can only be described as short-sighted and greedy. I don't want your father, or my friends who are reservists, active duty military and ROTC to have to got to war. Yes, the military is a necessity, but a war on Iraq is not. This is gonna sound really callous, but it's not our country. Tyranny can not go on forever, eventually Saddam Hussein will be gone and the Iraqis will be all to glad to be rid of him, but what will happen then?

I think some of this animosity between the military (and by extention their families, friends, etc) is that there are a lot of activists (more like extremists) who view the military as a tool of opression by the government. Or, as a symbol of government authority, and therefore a target for thier ire. I do believe that more times than we would like to remember, the US military has been used to stop the people whom ideologiacally we should have supported (y'know those poor huddled massed yearing to be free-in their own country). But I have little quarrel with the soldier who followed his orders not knowing how many people would die as a result. I don't fault the pilots who were given bad intel and hit civilians-it's not thier fault they were over there. It's the fault of the REMFs in the government who's rich daddies got them out of combat duty, or who had "debilitating medical conditions" preventing them from serving. It's them I want to see impeached and imprisoned. But until then, the military is obligated to follow the orders of the civilian government-and I can only fault them so far for that.

Dang, you'd of thought that after having an ace from WW 2, as a father, Bush would have served in his countries military. Honestly, i dont know about you, but i think to get a president to know what its like to be one of the men fighting in other countries, they should have a one of the requirements for a president is four years active duty in a selected branch of the military ( this does not include coast gaurd, since in time of peace they are part of the department of transportation, not department of defense). But that is just my opinion, the opinion of an unimportant cadet (actually soon to be 2nd lieutenant :D)

Back