In WCIII, should Blair have jettisoned Cobra?

Everyone forgets this pivotal scene!
View attachment 13303

Not surprising!
That scene was not in the new trilogy lol.

as far as saga goes some of the dialogue was truly awful and cringy, although I do think most of the voice actors did a very competent job. But what I did like was actually feeling like you're part of a fleet action and not just one little ship going from Skirmish to skirmish. I understand with the technology limitations wc3 couldnt do that, it just didn't capture me like some of the earlier games did, even though they also have their own technology limitations.

All media is subjective, what I love some other person might hate but I stand on my beliefs. For one I think the Dark Knight is one of the most overrated overhyped pieces of media ever invented. Heath Ledger single Handley saves that movie from being a complete dumpster fire. plot holes and contravences throughout the movie. Christian Bale and Maggie Gyllenhaal have negative chemistry together, I'm not saying Katie Holmes is a better actress but I felt like they least had some chemistry in the first movie. I didn't like how they handled two face in the end, should have set him up to be the villain of the third not give him an anti-climatic death. I also think nolan went too far trying to recreate the movie heat and it did not work for me. batman begins was a serious comic book movie, but still a comic book movie. Dark Knight wanted to be a true thriller/crime drama, and Dark Knight Rises was some kind of weird conglomeration of both styles, that didn't have Heath Ledger there to save it.

As another poster pointed out that would have been an excellent plot point for hobbs to switch sides again because even he didn't want to see his home world destroyed, who would??
I would say that such choice is still not reasonable. Simply attacking Kilrah would not be a reason, considering the background portrayal of the character of Hobbes in II and in the novel Freedom Flight.

I would say that such choice is still not reasonable. Simply attacking Kilrah would not be a reason, considering the background portrayal of the character of Hobbes in II and in the novel Freedom Flight.
there is a difference between attacking and wiping the planet off the map

Then wiping off Kilrah would not be a reason. A devastating war on Kilrah the capital planet should have been a long-considered outcome to Hobbes.
As a side note, let's not take for granted how attached Hobbes was to Kilrah so seeing it about to be blown up would make him returning to the Empire.

The destruction of Kilrah, it hurts, but then the war is over, the uprising of Hobbes as well as Ghorah Khar is victorious, and what Hobbes has been doing all these years makes sense. Please realize that Hobbes has invested almost everything he has in the fight against the Empire. How could Hobbes choose to let his years of hard work and sacrifice go down the drain?

Judging by the fact that Rlagha in Freedom Flight once attempted to kill the crew that had followed him on the quest for many years (note that he did care his crew, so he saved them from being killed by humans once he knew he did not need to kill them anymore), he had a very realistic-founded mental expectation of the brutal battles he might face in this uprising.

And I think the entire Ghorah Khar uprising would have considered the possibility that the imperial capital would be destroyed in the war and would have had to accept that outcome, if it came to pass - otherwise, how could the uprising get victory once the Emperor had given hint like - "If my dynasty falls, then I will take Kilrah with me to its destruction"?

Last edited:
Then wiping off Kilrah would not be a reason. A devastating war on Kilrah the capital planet should have been a long-considered outcome to Hobbes.
Just say i disagree lol. Destruction of a complete homeworld might cause anyone to re-think their alliance lol. Either way a mind wipe is a cop out shorthand to get to a traitor sub-plot to me. Greatly reduced hobbs agency as a character.

Just say i disagree lol. Destruction of a complete homeworld might cause anyone to re-think their alliance lol.
It is not a issue of an alliance between the Hobbes and the Confederation, it is a question of Lord Ralgha nar Hhallas's oath in the rebel. If the Empire had been victorious at that time, everything in the Rebellion would have suffered destruction.

Taking a step back, even if Ralgha doesn't agree with the destruction of Kilrah, it doesn't mean he could just go and help Thrakhath get the victory.

Either way a mind wipe is a cop out shorthand to get to a traitor sub-plot to me. Greatly reduced hobbs agency as a character.
That is it. I don't see the eponymous character from WC3 as the same character as Hobbes from the prequel, just like WCMovie's Hunter isn't Tiger's Claw's Hunter either.

It is not a issue of an alliance between the Hobbes and the Confederation, it is a question of Lord Ralgha nar Hhallas's oath in the rebel. If the Empire had been victorious at that time, everything in the Rebellion would have suffered destruction.

Taking a step back, even if Ralgha doesn't agree with the destruction of Kilrah, it doesn't mean he could just go and help Thrakhath get the victory.

That is it. I don't see the eponymous character from WC3 as the same character as Hobbes from the prequel, just like WCMovie's Hunter isn't Tiger's Claw's Hunter either.
Heck not the same character from wing commander 2, bc as he said on the ps2 version "my friend, the hobbs you knew never existed anyway"

Heck not the same character from wing commander 2, bc as he said on the ps2 version "my friend, the hobbs you knew never existed anyway"
Then I believe WC3 Hobbes never existed in the universe of WC1, WC2 and Freedom Flight. This is just a villain character in an in-universe propaganda movie called "Heart of the Tiger".

Oh, I think you mean PSX or orignal PS?

Last edited:
Then I believe WC3 Hobbes never existed in the universe of WC1, WC2 and Freedom Flight. This is just a villain character in an in-universe propaganda movie called "Heart of the Tiger".

Oh, I think you mean PSX or orignal PS?
correct ps1 game, but played it on a ps2

Back