if confed had just finished fighting the pilgrims

Maybe...the Pilgrims just weren't as tough as the KIlrathi. :) Hey, it's a legitimate reason.

Consider the Pilgrims were defeated in a few short years if even that and it took 40 years with the Kilrathi. Not to mention the PIlgrim "Empire" was alot smaller with way fewer resources at thier disposal.

(As much as I detest this whole 'Pilgrim' part of WCU I will reply with regard to those who believe in it)

Forget resources, Pilgrims wouldn't have been as bloodthirsty as the Kilrathi!

Hmmm....I like Rakti Blooddrinker's name.

I don't think Confed was unprepared. I do think Confed underestimated the Kilrathi right at first though.

Er, if we prepared in Action Stations, I would hate to see how hard we would get hit when we weren't prepared. :)

Best, Raptor

I don't think he meant it that way ;)

Of course we weren't expecting to go into battle that very instant, but I'm sure we were prepared for war. I mean, we were fighting a war already at the time, I'm sure we had a couple of guns lying around.

The only trouble is that we didn't expect them to be as good at killing as us.

Originally posted by redwolf

Forget resources, Pilgrims wouldn't have been as bloodthirsty as the Kilrathi!

But they commited horrible atrocities on the peoples they had conquered. There were death camps and genocide committed on the colonies that Confed wasnt able to protect.

Action Stations made it seem like we weren't prepared at all. How the government wanted to heavily cut military spending, simply because there was no need for it. And the fact that we were using so many outdated ships, like the Wildcat. But if there already WAS a war going on, why did the government want to cut spending?

The Confederation had resources, and a larger fleet when the Kilrathi attacked, but they caught us by surprise and quickly eliminated a large part of the fleet, and quite a few resources on the border worlds.

Confed had an extensive fleet. A battleship fleet. It was the fighter fleet, and its carriers that were in poor shape. Most of the battleship fleet was destroyed when the sky hook yanked them out of space.

History shows "modern" society loves to cut military spending, despite the fact the military works more efficently than the government its self. :)

Originally posted by LeHah
History shows "modern" society loves to cut military spending, despite the fact the military works more efficently than the government its self. :)

You must be jocking !!!!
I can say that Military Government doesn´t works better than the Democratic or Monarchic ones, read anything about Latinamerican story from the 70-85 !!!
Thousands of *diasppeared* people, the economy was disastrous and i can say more things about it, at least in democracy you have your freedom.

I didnt say I wanted to be run by the military (did I?). I meant that the military is run better than the American government, thats all.

Originally posted by Ghost
Originally posted by LeHah

You must be jocking !!!!
I can say that Military Government doesn´t works better than the Democratic or Monarchic ones, read anything about Latinamerican story from the 70-85 !!!
Thousands of *diasppeared* people, the economy was disastrous and i can say more things about it, at least in democracy you have your freedom.

You´re right. I´m Brazilian and I know very well how the miitary governments work "efficently", despite the fact I was not born in that time.

I think what LeHah means is that the military is more efficient in dealing with military situations than the government is at dealing with governmental situations.

Back