Iceman casting

Crowley

Rear Admiral
Ok, I've seen Wing Commander casting threads coming up here every now and then, but people seem to have trouble coming up with a suitable actor for my favourite character from WC1: Iceman. My personal favourite would be Dylan McDermott. He looks pretty close, but my biggest point is that when he gets that cold look in his eyes, that guy seriously creeps me out.

One actor that comes to mind that could play Iceman is Nicholas Cage. Sure, he doesn't look like the animation from WC, but then again neither does Mark Hammil look like the animated Blair, nor Tom Wilson like the animated Maniac.

Cage does, though, have the "quiet badass" vibe that I recall from the games, and given a decent script he can act well (like for example his Oscar-winning performance in Leaving Las Vegas).

Oh, and McGruff? 1990 is calling, it wants its joke back.

Some folks here probably weren't even born in 1990, it's called a classic. Now that I think about it, he's not bad at doing the quiet badass either - like Doc Holliday in space.

Iceman always came off as a one-dimensional Clint Eastwood type; think "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" only colder. Plus, I always swore that he looked just like him...

Eh, I don't know the high point of Secret Missions 2 was when Iceman broke down after finding out his daughter had been rescued from a slave ship... he was probably the *most* three-dimensional character in the original game (which isn't necessarily saying much).

Iceman was my absolute most favorite character from Wing Commander (I like him more than I like Blair...) so I think it would take a very special actor to play him. I like Nicholas Cage but I think he's too exhuberant to be a good Iceman. I would nominate maybe Russell Crowe... As for who Iceman actually looked like...I think he quite resembled Gregory Peck. :)

Christian Bale played a marvelous role from an ice-cold killer to a caring father in the movie "Equilibrium".

Unfortunately he doesn't really look like Iceman from what I can remember.

I'm going to second Nicholas Cage, because for one he's a GREAT actor and can pull off a lot of different roles, and for two because he pulls off roles like Iceman (the "quiet badass") REALLY well.

As for three-dimensional characters, I'd say that honour for the original game has to go to Bossman.

Maj.Striker said:
As for who Iceman actually looked like...I think he quite resembled Gregory Peck. :)

I was thinking of Atticus also. I can also picture an older Christan Bale as Iceman. Equilibrium's an incredible movie.

Shipgate said:
Equilibrium's an incredible movie.

Its kinda like fahrenheit 451 with action. But I didn't really like the action in the movie for the most part, with the exception of the final fight. I did like the story though.

I can't really remember what Iceman's character was and/or looked like. To bad WC1 is one of the games I havent managed to aquire yet.

McGruff said:
Some folks here probably weren't even born in 1990, it's called a classic. Now that I think about it, he's not bad at doing the quiet badass either - like Doc Holliday in space.

Dennis Quaid played a better Doc Holiday in the Kevin Costner flick Wyatt Earp, which is probably why his potrayal doesn't get noticed. So, with all that said, I'd have to say Dennis Quaid.

-Rance-

Back