I Need Cats!!!!!!!!!

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
I'm still working on my Duke Nukem conversion but I need a little help. Currently there are going to be three villian classes low born Kilrathi, Mandarin foot soldiers, and Kilrathi Nobles.
So what I need help with is one or two people who can create some animation sprites for the two Kilrathi classes. The low born cats will look basically like the kilrathi in the movie while the nobles will look like Cats from the games. I can take care of the Mandarin's because they will basically look the same as the player character so I can just copy the sprites over to the necessary positions.
If anybody wants to help out let me know and I'll put together a GIF with all of the character sprite animations I need to replace. It will also give you an idea of the size constrains for each sprite.
I could also use help with weapon sprites. Since I'm the only one on the project at the moment it would be a great help if I could get these sprites out of the way.
I'm going to put together a web site pretty soon with the conversion details and maybe som screenshots.

Then why sprite animations?

I only ever had the original Duke 2D. Then lost it because I was too stupid not to keep a backup. Oh well.

Yep, Duke3D is all sprites, weapons included. May I ask why you aren't using a newer engine like Quake2, Half-Life or Unreal. I think you would find it easier and you would be able to incorporate detailed 3D models of spaceships docked and stuff.

I'm using Duke Nukem because that is the engine I'm very well versed on. It was also the only FPS game I had, aside from Doom, when I started the conversion. I have Half-Life now so I might look into upgrading the Conversion to that, but I haven't decided yet, and I don't have the kind of help I need to move up to a true 3D FPS game
Besides Duke 3D is really easy to edit. I can setup a shotgun that is so powerful it will knock your enemies through a wall! It's pretty fun to play around with weapon settings in the .con files.

You want cats? I'll give you cats...

brianjaniga.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that your own cat Weasel? You seem to be posting it everywhere, Drakhai board included :)

Shaggy, I've done plenty of work using the Quake2 engine and a bit using HL, I could help, but the problem is finding the time. I did start work on a Wing Commander MOD for Quake 2 once, I got as far as the TCS Victory Flight level (post some shots when I get home), but with HL you can use lovely big textures and lighting and make it look real spiffing.

These two shots are of the Victory's hanger and flight level using the Quake2 engine. It just give an example of the lighting and texture advantages that it has over Duke3D.

wcq22.jpg
wcq23.jpg

Thanx, I would have done it, but I never really got that far with the mod and have no plans to continue with it. But after my movie, who knows, I may start another project :)

Back