I cannot download the Academy episodes!

:mad: For some reason i cannot download any of the academy episodes. I have DivX 6 and installed it. My computer is a XP SP2 with 1.8ghz Athalon XP, 640mb ram, radeon 9600XT visiontek model with 256mb ram. I have tried CIC copy and the other languages one.

Can any one help?

I try to download the episodes and the first ever time i click windows media player pops up. I close media player and try again but all that happens is that i am eventually redirected to the mirror site's main page.

I waited a lot longer this time and media player did eventually access it. It was my patience that wasn't workin. Thanks for tryin to help!

Ace

Right click and select "save target as" if you want to download them to the hard drive. Media Player is probably trying to stream them, which means it has to buffer for some time.

<bump>

Just finished downloading all thirteen hi-res episodes - thanks CIC.

Mind you, doing on a 56k modem - two and a half weeks of overnight downloading later...

and now I see more hi-res stuff from Tolwyn <sigh>. Oh well, more overnighters to come!

P.S. Glad I downloaded, streaming would have been a nightmare.

Not to mention impossible. :) Streaming is never any fun though. It's almost always better to save your stuff.

that's why i hate those evil sites that put their files up as playlists instead of the actual file itself...

Back